8 89%
Randall RG-50
0 0%
Marshall DSL-401
1 11%
Other (please specify)
0 0%
Voters: 9.
I started with a budget of £600 but can go about 30% over that if necessary, looking for a 40-50w tube combo

Engl Thunder 50 Combo - Most expensive by some way but probably the best amp, is it better by enough of a margin to justify the extra cost/budget streching?

Randall RG-50 TC Combo - Cheapest of the 3 and a relatively unknown quality but sounds good on people's videos on youtube, easily useable from what I can see

Marshall DSL401 Combo - Quietest amp of the 3 in terms of wattage, right at the top of my budget, do like sounds I can extract from it and others I've heard online, perhaps not quite enough gain though

Any oter suggestions would be great, looking for NWOBHM/Thrash sounds with good clean for prog-ish bits
You may have to boost the 401 for thrash, the others I've never played.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
so the vk is off the list?

haven't played the engl. either of the other two would work. while i often agree with bubb, i don't think the 401 needs a boost for thrash. but it's an opinion thing, and what one defines as "thrash".

the randall was more modern voiced than the 401 to me.

edit: bubb did say "may" so it's not entirely a disagree thing.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ Yeah, it depends on what kind of thrash you're talking about. Obviously something like Slayer is going to need some boostin'!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
agreed. and i liked the 401 better than the randall. don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the randall, i just liked the 401 a lot. if i had to have one amp for under a grand, that'd be it. others around here hate on the thing something fierce. i never understand that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Do you already have an amp? If so, I'd suggest saving.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6