So, I'm working on pretty much rebuilding my rig from the ground up one piece at a time with higher-quality stuff. I started with my amp head, nixing the Bugera 333XL for a Mesa Single Recto. Next major purchase will be an Avatar 2x12 to get rid of the Bugera 4x12. Before that, though, I'm thinking I wanna get rid of my cables for some better ones.

I set my rig up as follows:

On larger stages, I run a 20' from the amp out to my Boss TU-2 Tuner (only pedal I use at the moment, considering a Noise Suppressor down the road but that's not important), and then I run another 20' from the Tuner to the guitar. This gives me plenty of room to move around and such.

Smaller stages, I run a 6' from the amp into the tuner (which I place right next to the amp and cab) and then a 20' from tuner to guitar.

So, I'm going to need 2 20' cables and a 6' cable. Since I'll be running 40' of cable at times, I'd like something low capacitance so I don't lose a lot of tone through all that cable (that's the main problem with my cables now, they're just no-name cheapies and my tone gets a little muddy through the long runs).

I know I could spend quite a bit of money on this if I went super premium with cables, but I don't have that much to play with at the moment. Also, not a huge deal, but I'd like for one of the 20' cables to have a right angle end, since those work much better than straight cables on my SG. I'd like premade cables, but if someone can show me some affordable cable and ends that fit the bill, I wouldn't mind making my own.

I'd like to do all three cables for under, say... $80? Anyone have any suggestions/personal favorite cable brands?
Make your own?

Cables:
Canare
Mogami
Evidence Audio
Belden
George L's

Connectors:
Neutrik
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Make your own?

Cables:
Canare
Mogami
Evidence Audio
Belden
George L's

Connectors:
Neutrik
Do any of them sell cable by the foot? I don't need a like 250 foot spool of cable like some places sell.
I've bought them by the feet...

Check in with any distributor of cables or call into pro-audio stores and ask if they carry any of those brands then check who their distributor is and call the distributor up.

Very often the distributor will sell it slightly cheaper to you, otherwise ask where you can pick up some loose lengths.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm looking at making my own cables soon, any suggestions for connectors other then neutrik?

EDIT: I should say why . The neutrik are a bit expensive for me, I don't have a lot of $. so I'm looking for some decent stuff thats not mucho moneys
Last edited by speeddemon93 at Dec 26, 2009,