K so I haven't been writing lyrics for very long at all, so most of my songwriting has included me writing a couple lines or maybe a stanza, going back to it the next day, getting pissed at myself for writing such shitty lyrics, and throwing it away. However, I can make up chord progressions and guitar parts in general that are pretty decent. This is the first time I have decided on a good chord progression, and actually put it with an entire verse of lyrics that, for the moment, I don't hate, however within a day or two I will probably read them over, hate them, and throw them away. So ANYWAY, here's the first 2 stanzas. The chord progression is C, G, F, G. Let me know what you think. Can this song even go anywhere? Rhyme scheme too simple (I think so...)? Anything I could add to it? Any help would be stupendous.

Oh and yes this is a love song. About weed. Honestly can't decide if it's too stupid to be a serious song, in which case I could make it more of a comedy song.

I had that special somethin'
I was fully satisfied
When it was taken from me
I almost fell and cried

Oh, my sweet Southern Comfort
I need it here today
I thought it'd never leave me
But now it's gone away
"Love everything. Know nothing."

"What do you mean 'do you even know how to play bongo drums?'?! Do I not have hands?! And pot?!"
Just let the lyrics flow out. Who gives a **** if it sucks. Most of the time anyway people dont really care as long as it makes their heads bob, or make them laugh about how funny it was.

Ohh good lyrics by the way.
And chord prog.
Luckily those lyrics were referring to a much earlier time, as I am enjoying southern comfort to its fullest right now .

So if I had to choose, based solely on these first 2 stanzas, should this be a serious song or more comical song?
"Love everything. Know nothing."

"What do you mean 'do you even know how to play bongo drums?'?! Do I not have hands?! And pot?!"