reuploaded this one after I fiddled with it a bit longer. I keep trying to work on my sound as I've been trying different plugins and presets submitted by the GAM community. atm I'm using Amplitube for my amp sim. I'm not sure why but the guitars always seem to sound a bit ...I guess weak? I'm guessing maybe, not as full or wide as I'd like it to be, and I'd like to hear your suggestions on whether or not there is any room for improvement. This particular take does not have any master effects slapped on.

The recording is on my UG profile if you'd like to take a look. It's titled "Sound Test A"

I've got a quad-tracked take of the guitars - two Hard L/R, and two othesr 80% L/R and 3db less than the other pair, Each track is using a preset submitted by a user titled "COB Marshall T75 57B C_00" in amplitube (sry I can't remember who posted that preset 8*( all the same thx, it's awesome

The two 80% panned tracks are both using GH's Edge-1 impulse impulse, and the Hard L/R are using GH's original center impulse (KeFIR)

The drums have a bit of EQ and compression - and theres a bassline.

To me the mix sounds like it has a bit too much air - It should be mentioned I'm using stock single coil pickups on my knockoff strat. would humbuckers make a world of difference? I'm never heard any before (at least not in person >_> and have been considering getting some single rail buckeroos, but I'd like to see if I can manage with what I have for now. Hell I don't know, maybe it's just me! Maybe the mix actually sounds decent, I really dont know :P

So everyone, whats your take on this?
is the bass straight up the middle? if it is, i'd take a little low end out of the guitars cause it kind of sounds like you doubled the bass and had it panned way out. upon second listen, i see the bass is in the middle, but there's way too much low end in those guitars. once you get that taken care of, i'd bring both the bass and the drums up a little. perhaps some compression on those guitars too.
Quote by sandyman323
is the bass straight up the middle? if it is, i'd take a little low end out of the guitars cause it kind of sounds like you doubled the bass and had it panned way out. upon second listen, i see the bass is in the middle, but there's way too much low end in those guitars. once you get that taken care of, i'd bring both the bass and the drums up a little. perhaps some compression on those guitars too.

hey gave what ya said a shot - yeah the bass was lined up in the middle, uploaded a new one titled "sound test B" although I'm not sure if it's better or not, I think I may have overdone it with the bass as far as volume, gimme a shot back?

But I do see what ya mean about how the bass on the guitars was drowning out any articulation with the bass guitar XD
well first off, it sounded pretty good. i'm just being picky here to help you out. the second one is better, but you're right, the bass is a bit too loud now. i would personally work on the bass eq some, but that might be my own tone preference right there. maybe try slapping a bit of compression on that bass. i'd also try to tweak the guitar eq a bit more. it's close, but could be a little better.

a guitar with humbuckers would fatten that up a bit, but with what you have, it's sounding pretty good.

i'm not too sure about plugins. i normally just use the DAW's eq's and comp's and all that. btw, what are you using?