Hey I have a fender redknob twin, And im getting alot of feedback/buzzing when I plug distortion in, it starts to scream really loud even after I turn off the distortion. the only way to make it go away is to turn it of then back on. I was thinking it was the tubes, since they have never been replaced, but idk what I should do, should I get a noise compressor or what do you think is wrong with it?
Sounds like it could be general feedback to me. When you say you plug distortion in do you mean a distortion pedal? So if you turn the volume down and back up is still doesn't go away?
I've actually just got through watching a video on this subject. I looked at The Tone King's website and youtube channel. The guy is amazing and reviews amps, pedals, cabs, and guitars he buys for his collection. He recently got done with a 30 pedals in 30 days series and covered the whole noise gate or noise suppressor deal. You should check that out and maybe that would help. He shows you where it should go in an effects loop if you have one or right after all equipment on the main line from guitar to amp. I mean it is worth checking on so good luck.
I mean, If I start to get too loud, like if use the gain setting to high this really loud buzzing starts, asnd it wont go away even if I turn the volume down the back up
^ I'd say it's just feedback but could possibly be tubes. Get yourself as noise gate and see if that helps. A noise gate is a handy thing to have even if it isn't the issue
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Sounds like it could be general feedback to me. When you say you plug distortion in do you mean a distortion pedal? So if you turn the volume down and back up is still doesn't go away?

Oh yeah like this guy asked. My previous post was if you meant a distortion pedal but if you aren't running effects or pedals then a noise suppression pedal does hardly anything unless your guitar in creating a whole lot of noise it shouldn't be. I'm still vague on whether this was a distortion pedal or amp issue now?