ENOJOYING!

He wrote that at the bottom of his page
Misspelling 1st grade words is very suspicious
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of 'new' Epi and Epi Elitist LP Custom models on eBay from Australia and Canada. Every single one of them seems dodgy. Buy ing any Epi online is a huge gamble anyway (you'll probably get a bad guitar - you really have to play them before you buy them), but guitars on eBay in particular, I would just avoid.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
the headstock is and the neck looks kinda strange
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
Nah, dunno. It seems like it's a real one. But bying your guitars online is always a gamble.
No les paul plays the same, you have to test em all. Especially when it's a gibson
In the picture, it has the Epi stickers over the pickups. It also shows a picture of the paperwork, manual, cable, and truss rod tool (it's in the bag with the cable) that comes with Epis from the box. I don't think a cheap copy would come with those things. The headstock does look a little weird though.
Theres A Fender Booklet Next To The Guitar Wtf

Edit: Indeed it IS strings..... fender strings ****in suck
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
Theres A Fender Booklet Next To The Guitar Wtf

Are you sure that's not strings? Anyways BoL7z, contact the gut who won the last one he sold and ask what their take on the one they got is. It might help you make a more rational decision.

Edit:
After looking further down the feedback I saw this.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190351173677

It looks like the same listing.
Last edited by cranium2001 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by MrFlibble
I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of 'new' Epi and Epi Elitist LP Custom models on eBay from Australia and Canada. Every single one of them seems dodgy. Buy ing any Epi online is a huge gamble anyway (you'll probably get a bad guitar - you really have to play them before you buy them), but guitars on eBay in particular, I would just avoid.

yep, a while back i was speaking to a guy who runs a small shop and he told me that the way it usually works with huge stores that sell online is this:

the best of the bunch are saved for in-store customers
the average ones are used as floor models
the crappy ones are reserved for online orders

whether there's any truth in this i don't know because this guy does talk nonsense sometimes to try to get you to buy stuff he has.. but when he's not trying to sell you something, he's always right.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
yep, a while back i was speaking to a guy who runs a small shop and he told me that the way it usually works with huge stores that sell online is this:

the best of the bunch are saved for in-store customers
the average ones are used as floor models
the crappy ones are reserved for online orders

whether there's any truth in this i don't know because this guy does talk nonsense sometimes to try to get you to buy stuff he has.. but when he's not trying to sell you something, he's always right.

I've heard this before and I think it is pretty much true. I've had 2 Epiphones that I bought off the internet and they were terrible =/
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Is this a real epi? Hard to tell the knock off makers in china have gotten much better at it lately. Things like stickers on pickups and books are pretty easy to fake. The seller in this case has 100% feedback but its for a very short period of time selling 5 guitars in the last 30 days and buying some hello kitty stickers. That would make me think harder before bidding. The scammers will sometimes have conspirators or even buy from themselves to get their feedback up.

The big thing would be buying ANY epi sight unseen. These cheaper ones available online could be the returns or ones that couldnt be sold because they played so bad. Ive seen some pretty crappy epis on display in music stores. So maybe after all the good and mediocre ones have been sold they take a loss and pawn off the rejects to online brokers.
Probably straight out of the same factory but.

Read the fine print in a Chinese accent. It make good reading, and plenty bubbles.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

It's a fake headstocks wrong. And believe it or not a tell-tale sign of a fake is the stickers on the pups. The newer fakes are pretty convincing. And yes a lot of the newer fakes will come with certificates of authenticity. And what seems to be all the proper paperwork.

Also the diamond inlay on the headstock looks a little to low. The truss rod cover should be multi-layered. It's all black

Here's a real Epi.

VS.

EDIT: And ask your self why a New EPI would come with Fender strings.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Dec 21, 2009,