Something I've been working on lately, it's sort of inspired by the rain... since it's raining here. lol.

Anyway it's just about finished, I'm actually starting to record parts of it and I want UG's harshest criticism of it.

C4C of course.

Only GP5 atm, I'll upload a midi when i get it mixed properly later tonight.

EDIT: Updated 19/1/10, find the updated version in post 4, also an MP3 version in my profile.

thanks.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Jan 18, 2010,
This sounds very good. Atmoshperic, not too complicated but intrincate in orchestration, very careful dynamics and use of effects to create a mood, that progresses in time, as it should. You really milked that chord progression, didn't ya? But nothing wrong with that in a song like this.

I don't think that Bb note in 39 and especially in 54 works well, I'd put a natural B to be in key.

The keys in the 2nd chorus are perhaps a bit overpowering, but probably you had it setup for RSE (I use MIDI... surprisingly almost all of the mix sounded really good though). Bridge, with the introducing of overdrive, is absolutely brilliant. Very dramatic.

Interesting pseudo-bass harmony in the unused section, but how would you translate that into real-life instruments? Some sort of effect on the guitars?

Overall, really good job so far. Keep it up! :]
Quote by |_JR_|
This sounds very good. Atmoshperic, not too complicated but intrincate in orchestration, very careful dynamics and use of effects to create a mood, that progresses in time, as it should. You really milked that chord progression, didn't ya? But nothing wrong with that in a song like this.

Thanks, and yes, I'm the son of a cattle farmer so... yeah...

Quote by |_JR_|

I don't think that Bb note in 39 and especially in 54 works well, I'd put a natural B to be in key.

I'm still trying to figure out what note you mean, i couldnt find a Bb in either bar 39 or 54.

Quote by |_JR_|

The keys in the 2nd chorus are perhaps a bit overpowering, but probably you had it setup for RSE (I use MIDI... surprisingly almost all of the mix sounded really good though). Bridge, with the introducing of overdrive, is absolutely brilliant. Very dramatic.

Yeah, It's setup for RSE

Quote by |_JR_|

Interesting pseudo-bass harmony in the unused section, but how would you translate that into real-life instruments? Some sort of effect on the guitars?

I'd use a digitech whammy, listen to the bridge/intermission section in the song Ticks & Leeches for the effect I'm trying to get. Link around 3:30.
Thanks a lot and do you want me too crit something of yours?
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Updated, added another 'bridge' type thing, an intro and expanded the outro.

also an mp3 now.
Attachments:
UnknownSongVer3.gp5
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Critting the mp3

It's got a nice feel to it, really atmospheric. The build up is really cool. Love the feel when the wind sound effects come in. The lead's good, the harmonies are nice. I think it needs to become a lot louder though, it builds up a lot and I was kinda expecting a really, like, epic section, but it went into the break. The last loud section is almost what I was looking for but not quite, some of those bends didn't sound too good. I can actually really hear how you were inspired by the rain. I can just kinda picture the rain with this.

Really nice piece, but you can still improve it.
Care to look at mine? Sorta similar, ish.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258430