So, I'm looking for a new guitar for drop tunings.
What I want is:

No tremolo arm
Passive pick-ups, either H-H or H-S-H configuration
Rosewood fretboard
Under $1000

Until now I found the Washburn X50Pro, but the more options the better, so if you guys can suggest other guitars that would be nice. Thanks.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Dec 21, 2009,
Any guitar can do drop tunings really, its more about the type of strings you use and the truss rod adjustment, me and my parents have gone half each on a Yamaha RGXA2 for my brother for christmas, he has only just taken interest and so i went to have a look, this caught my eye and i was sold after playing it, i would be happy with it myself, it cost £250 (not sure what that is in dollars), heres some features-

22 fret rosewood neck
Lightweight body
2 Alcino soapbar pickups
LED pickup selector switch
AIR mounting system bridge
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Any guitar can do drop tunings really, its more about the type of strings you use and the truss rod adjustment, me and my parents have gone half each on a Yamaha RGXA2 for my brother for christmas, he has only just taken interest and so i went to have a look, this caught my eye and i was sold after playing it, i would be happy with it myself, it cost £250 (not sure what that is in dollars), heres some features-

22 fret rosewood neck
Lightweight body
2 Alcino soapbar pickups
LED pickup selector switch
AIR mounting system bridge

That guitar seems to be discontinued according to MF, and I can't go used. But it looked like a nice guitar.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
That guitar seems to be discontinued according to MF, and I can't go used. But it looked like a nice guitar.

Yeah i took a look at a website and it said it was discontinued in the US, and you seem to have an issue with active pickups (i can see the disadvantages what with batteries and all that), were there any particular brands you had in mind?
WHOMP

Well most of the PRS SE stuff has been discontinued so nothing really there. Ibanez RGA42FM is worth a look at or if you can even get one then the Ibanez RGA121/321 is really worth it. You could probably find a lot more but whether or not if it's available in your country is a different story.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Oh, by the way, I'm going to buy from the US.

And both of those Ibanez have active pups.

How about a Fender HH strat? Not sure how much it would set you back, they probably do a cheaper version of it (than the American one that is).
WHOMP

Quote by Vitor_vdp
Oh, by the way, I'm going to buy from the US.

And both of those Ibanez have active pups.

Touche sir, Ibanez are releasing a Fixed bridge Ibanez Prestige RG next year. If you can wait around then you might be able to snap one up though I'm unsure of the US pricing.
Fender sounds like a nice way to go, especially since both the guitars I already own are Fender (one being a Squier, but still a very nice guitar) and they are both great.

What's your take on the cheaper ($500 - $800) Paul Reed Smiths. I could wait until their 2010 line comes out.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Dec 21, 2009,
What body shape do you like? Color? Thin or thick neck? What style of music are you going to be playing with it? Perhaps I missed some of this.
I like Strats / Superstrats. I will be playing mainly heavier rock / metal, and I already tried Schecters before and thought the neck was too fat. Thin necks are great for me. No specific color really.
You can get some Ibanez guitars without the active pickups and tremelo, really when looking at guitars you should try and see if certain things are optional, some guitars come with the option of tremelo and hardtail, etc, if you like 8 out of 10 things on a guitar, see if you can narrow it down to being perfect for your needs.
WHOMP