DOes it matter if the magnets are different in two pickups?

e.g. neck pickup - alcino 5
bridge pickup - ceramic

or would it make no difference at all?
Quote by eazy-c

I don't think I've ever laughed so much in the Pit.
It depends what kind of sound you want, which is also heavily dependent on the guitar and the amp you're using.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It does as they'll possibly differ in volume... not to mention how "hot" they are.

Usually you've got: alnico II, alnico V, ceramic, neodymium
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I assume you're asking if it will cause any damage to the guitar or amp. No, it will not.

You might not like how it sounds (one pickup will very likely have a different 'vibe' to it), but it won't break anything. The signal level that goes down that guitar cable is so incredibly small that you don't have a whole lot to worry about, impedance-wise.

I mean, you can play guitar with one end of the cable jammed into your mouth. That should give you an idea of the sort of voltages we're dealing with.
Ceramic is amoung the brightest of the mags

Alnico 2 is smoothest of the alnicos

Alnico 5 has more grit than Alnico 2

Alnico 3 is a mix of the sound of the Alnico2 and 5

Alnico generally has a more mellow sound compared to Ceramics magnets.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The early Les Paul Customs, and some re-issues, had Alnico 3 P90s in the bridge and Alnico V in the neck. Sweet combination on those big single coils. The Gary Moore LP has a P90 in the neck and a PAF at the bridge. (looks terrible)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by steven seagull
It depends what kind of sound you want, which is also heavily dependent on the guitar and the amp you're using.

+1. it'll make a difference (everything else being equal), but that might be what you want. a couple of my guitars have different mags in the different pickups, and it works well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?