All right gents here's the scoop, last night i went out for a few drinks with my little brother, all was well and then we started joking around throwing jabs and shit at one another, its went a bit too far and he chipped one of my previously chipped but then fixed teeth

now the situation is Christmas is days away, and we're trying to avoid letting my mom (and fiance) know about this little mishap, the trouble is right now im just starting a new job and my dental benefits don't kick in for 90 days

gentlemen of the pit with any type of experience in this matter, how much is it gonna cost me to have this chip filled in, if it helps, I'm Canadian, living in Ontario

any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated
no sir it is not, if your job has insurance benefits it is covered, but dental care isn't covered by the national healthcare plan like say a trip to the ER or setting a broken bone is
Quote by inyourgirlagain
your mom is your fiance?
And so the plot thickens.
*sigh*

no my mom is not my fiance, but since i am crashing at my parents house right now she is the more immediate concern

my fiance is at the apartment i share with her in a different city, if she finds out she will likely lose her cool

look i enjoy a good laugh in the pit threads where the piss gets taken out of every situation, but please, you must realize how desperate the situation is if im even asking the pit if they have any idea on how to help me in this case

Admit you were dumb, wait 90 days, and save hundreds of your precious Canadian dollars.

have considered this option, feel its wrong to hang my brother out for that right know especially since he's been fighting with my mom a lot more stress over christmas break is the last thing i want to cause either of them
Last edited by fishmunky at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by inyourgirlagain
your mom is your fiance?

Good one, sir.

Also... sorry i can't help with this matter. I once broke one of mine but i was only 12 or so.

EDIT:
Admit you were dumb, wait 90 days, and save hundreds of your precious Canadian dollars.
have considered this option, feel its wrong to hang my brother out for that right know especially since he's been fighting with my mom a lot more stress over christmas break is the last thing i want to cause either of them

Sorry but i don't see how this could be a problem. You two were just playing around, not to mention that you're adults now. I got mine broken by my cousin by accident and no one got in trouble for it.

Sh*t happens.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Dec 21, 2009,
Dude, just wait 90 days...its a chipped tooth, not a decayed one.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Just lie and say you were walking down the street when Andi Peters punched you in the face.
YNWA
Well, I don't know much about dental price in canada. What I can tell you is that I recently had this done in Ireland and it cost around 700 euro. So i'd say you could guess at a similar cost, give or take a hundred in either direction. I would assume that supplies and such would be the same price, then it all depends on the dentist you go to.
I hope this is of some help, but good luck anyway!
Irland ist ein Drogenparadies?
Quote by Forderr
Well, I don't know much about dental price in canada. What I can tell you is that I recently had this done in Ireland and it cost around 700 euro.

In Norn Iron it will cost you about £15.
YNWA
Quote by tattyreagh
In Norn Iron it will cost you about £15.

Yeah, i'm assuming he needed anesthesia or something to raise the price so much.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Just say you asked god to turn on the light right before chuck norris round house kicked you in the face

Quote by evening_crow
Yeah, i'm assuming he needed anesthesia or something to raise the price so much.

Wasn't she a singer in the late 90's and early 00's. I'm outta love, set me free...
YNWA
Constantly chew gum and when you need to talk or laugh just put the gum on the chipped tooth. Also, try to avoid laughing in those 3 months.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by ctb
And so the plot thickens.

I love the pit. And no, I don't think I can help you, TS, with that.
Quote by inyourgirlagain
your mom is your fiance?

"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Why not just say whilst you were drunk you fell over and chipped it on the corner of a table or something?
pics or gtfo.

but seriously, seems like the best idea is to just wait the 90 days saving cash.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Forderr
Well, I don't know much about dental price in canada. What I can tell you is that I recently had this done in Ireland and it cost around 700 euro. So i'd say you could guess at a similar cost, give or take a hundred in either direction. I would assume that supplies and such would be the same price, then it all depends on the dentist you go to.
I hope this is of some help, but good luck anyway!

I find it hard to believe that... Used to cost me £50 before 2002, after that it was €80 - fortunatly, my cap hasnt broken since 2006, so I dont know what price it is here now, but I would imagine ~€100, give or take 20 bob. I have a full half of my front tooth capped, I cant see how it would cost any more than that over in canada.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
this is dumb so dumb. but why don't u lie u dumbass
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
Quote by dullsilver_mike

This.