Page 1 of 3
Howdy,
I've seen the following bands live;
Parkway Drive, Draw First Blood, The Storm Picturesque, and The Amity Affliction.

I'm hoping to add more to this list but this is all within the last month.
They are all pretty mad bands but Parkway Drive was definately the most insane gig ever.

Me and my friend with in the mosh pits, fight pits, circle pits and the wall of death, it was insane. First time ever moshed to, and the wall of death happened to be my first.

It was the most insane thing I've ever done in my life, but I'd do it again.

Anyway, who have you seen and what did you do at the gig?
Did the Parkway show by any chance happen within the last 48 hours? You sound like you have that excited air of someone who's just been to on of their first "heavy" gigs.

ontopic:
I don't feel like listing all of the hardcore shows I've attended, but I will say this: I avoid pits at hardcore gigs like the plague, I don't enjoy having some Paris Hilton lookalike going all Jackie Chan on me and classing it as "hXe dancing". A skinny jean wearing, Converse topped boot connecting with my mouth doesn't make a show any better for me...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by asator
Did the Parkway show by any chance happen within the last 48 hours? You sound like you have that excited air of someone who's just been to on of their first "heavy" gigs.

Actually, I went and seen Parkway Drive last weekend, I went to see them before but I got flooded in at home so I never got to go. But yeah it was probably the best night of all my gigs. haha. Although some of the other gigs flipped out. The Storm Picturesque was INSANE and Amity was my first gig XD
"F**k Short Stack and f**k all the bands that are like that. There's no substance in hype." - Joel Birch

Close your eyes,
Pray for plagues,
Cleanse this Earth,
Bring upon our dooms day.
Quote by asator
. A skinny jean wearing, Converse topped boot connecting with my mouth doesn't make a show any better for me...

Buzzkill
i wouldnt be bothered about the skinny jean wearing gay boys

the most they will do is make me say "owch"

the most they will say is "oh god ring an ambulance"

really, whos ****in idea was it to dance in a ****in pit?
^^ So true I can handle some of the more eccentric 2 stepping that goes on, but hardcore dancing has got to go. I've never once seen a band encourage it either.

EDIT: Vikingx, do you mean that they're killing my buzz by acting like wankers and ruining gigs, or that I'm killing their buzz by not letting them use me as a punchbag to practise their Bruce Lee impressions on?

If it's the latter, I have no issues with killing their buzz with my Scrooge-like moaning
Last edited by asator at Dec 21, 2009,
This thread isn't about hardcore dancing, it's about what bands you've seen live and what you've done at the gig.
"F**k Short Stack and f**k all the bands that are like that. There's no substance in hype." - Joel Birch

Close your eyes,
Pray for plagues,
Cleanse this Earth,
Quote by asator
I've never once seen a band encourage it either.

I've seen quite a few encourage it. Sevendust at Woodstock for example. Or The Red Chord at any show.
Parkway Drive, The Amity Affliction and many many many other bands encourage mosh pits and circle pits. Hell Draw First Blood encouraged us for a Wall of Death

Close your eyes,
Pray for plagues,
Cleanse this Earth,
^ I don't mean noone encourages pits and such, I mean the over the top hardcore dancing.

And fair enough The Red Chord would be the sort of band I can imagine encouraging it. But I've never seen any band at a gig I've been to encouraging it. Anyway, this thread's getting derailed, I reckon it's time to get back on topic.
Yeah cheers. I forgot to mention I've seen Silence the City, Ghost over Japan, My Dying Days and a couple other ones but I really can't remember there names

Close your eyes,
Pray for plagues,
Cleanse this Earth,
I can't believe it's not butter.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
quality thread

Some guy completely leapfrogged over me at my first hardcore show. 'Twas a cool experience.
dis 1 tim at dis show i wuz hxc dancin cuz i'm hxc and sum dude mesed up ma hair so i windmill kick hiz gf in da face n den he wuz all mad n stuff so i run cuz i iz a puzsy.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
uhhhh local "hardcore shows" usually suck...cause they're not hardcore, they're just generic metal/death/christian-core.

When the more br00tal bands play you get 7 feet tall beasts swinging their legs everywhere, otherwise, just scene***** dances around. Someone managed to spin kick me in the chest once, but I had my arms folded..so it didn't hurt at all...unexpected though. Anyways, most local bands suck, so I don't bother even going anymore.

As for "real" bands I've only seen Converge and the Carrier. Both times mainly moshing, some stomping/side to side at the carrier. Good times.
dis 1 time i wuz at a really fukken br00tal show, but some emo fuktard was hxc dancing and TOTALLY kicked me in the face so i got all my tr00 m3t4l friends and push moshed him to death.

On a more serious note, probably the coolest thing I've done at a show was scaling a pole and jumping from the rafters at the Dillinger show last week. This was after Jeff kicked me in the face, Greg held a second mic stand over the crowd, which smacked me in the nose and someone threw the garbage can full of glass beer bottles into the crowd.
Last edited by saxaxe at Dec 21, 2009,
I saw Cancer Bats at Sonisphere in the tent, the singer repeatedly stage dived, many times on me, and he held the mic up to my face in Hail Destroyer . There I just moshed and shit, but there were some random douches who were hardcore dancing whilst running around the circle pits, and one of them punched me in the throat.
Normally at gigs I try and get in the pits, but I normally go to regurlar metal shows so there's never any HxC dancers to annoy me, and I'm not big enough to do anything about them if they do get near me though
Quote by MustangMan311
One time, I went to a show and watched the bands play.

Lies! No one does that.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Has anyone here NOT gotten kicked in the face at a show?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

That's why I hate going to hardcore/metalcore shows. I hate hxc dancing. A bunch of skinny preteens spazzing out swinging there arms every where and fighting invisible ninjas. Not cool. I can't even stand towards the front I still get kicked, and I get this answer... "well you should stay outta the pit then". Like he's some kinda tough guy, like having a seizure is all of a sudden a manly thing. Many fights have started b/c of this.

/rant
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by NY_FootBall49
That's why I hate going to hardcore/metalcore shows. I hate hxc dancing. A bunch of skinny preteens spazzing out swinging there arms every where and fighting invisible ninjas. Not cool. I can't even stand towards the front I still get kicked, and I get this answer... "well you should stay outta the pit then". Like he's some kinda tough guy, like having a seizure is all of a sudden a manly thing. Many fights have started b/c of this.

/rant

you must go to some gay shows then
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I don't go to many Hardcore shows, but the only time I've been kicked in the face ata gig was when the lead singer of Shadows Fall stage dived a couple of weeks ago when they were suporting FFDP.
Quote by NY_FootBall49

/rant

i have yet to see a skinny preteen hardcore dancing in a pit.
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
people who do karate moves while moshing = gay

people who cry about getting hit = gay, unless someone blatantly runs up to you and punches you in the face.. otherwise, dont stand there
one time i went to a show and bought a t-shirt from a band. it was the coolest thing i've ever done! IM SO COOL
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
liking bury your dead in general is ignorant. lets see, they have a black singer with a very similiar voice to the singer of sevendust and have extremely nu metal parts. sounds like sevendust to me.. not exactly, but they are getting there.

tuning your guitars down to B and playing chugs is IGNANT
**** the haters, sevendust rules
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
I went pretty crazy at the last Horse The Band show in my area.
The picture from the default on their myspace is the show I was at.
http://www.myspace.com/horsetheband

Frontflips into people, good stuff.
Me and a group of guys kept stagediving, then meeting up and going again.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I got kicked in the face twice at Parkway Drive, by Bradley the Draw First Blood singer.

Lol it was mad ahaha

Close your eyes,
Pray for plagues,
Cleanse this Earth,
I get dropped pretty much everytime I try to crowd surf, hence why I no longer do so. Also got up on stage at the red shore last week, got a mic grab but then fell off stage. Yep, I suck at any kind of moshing
Quote by willingvictim
liking bury your dead in general is ignorant. lets see, they have a black singer with a very similiar voice to the singer of sevendust and have extremely nu metal parts. sounds like sevendust to me.. not exactly, but they are getting there.

tuning your guitars down to B and playing chugs is IGNANT

Haha, I was just kidding, man. BYD is absolutely terrible.
Page 1 of 3