If you went out with someone and really liked them but felt you needed them to change things they do or are, such as stop smoking or lose weight, would you consider this acceptable? Would a girl prefer not to be together rather than change slightly so you are both happy?
If you like someone you shouldnt want to change them you should like them for who they are
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
It's possible to change someone a lot. If you can't accept someone for who they are then I believe that once you start changing one thing then you're gonna start on something else. Changing someone in a relationship is never a good idea.
Accepting someone for who they are blah blah blah...

Yeah, that's true, but also take into account whether the person wants to change or not. That's what's important as you'd mainly be helping them be who THEY want to be.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
People will only change if they really want to change. This being said, there are people who are more easily influenced than others.

i wouldn't waste my precious time
if you want to change her just dump her

if you dont like things and want to change them, end the relationship and let her get with somebody who will like her no matter what
i once swallowed a bee that crawled into my beer. it stung my tongue and i had to go to hospital... bad time.
Quote by kbabz22
If you like someone you shouldnt want to change them you should like them for who they are

Agree.
You might manage to get them to slightly modify surface behaviour. Anyone who thinks anything else is naive.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
If you think she needs to lose weight, just drug her and take her to a liposuction clinic. Or saw off a limb, it's cheaper and results in instant weight loss.
Quote by Fretlessfeind
your smart MightyAl

Yes, his smart MightyAl.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shattamakar
Yes, his smart MightyAl.

Your avatar is smart, shattamakar. :3
Quote by TomusAM
Alot of times, it's best just to let someone be themself. However if he or she has a bad habit like smoking you should do your best to make him or her quit.

No, you can help them quit if they want to.
Trying to make someone quit is... wrong, for Political and Moral reasons.
You can´t CHANGE people.
You can only convince them to change themselves.

Duh.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by MightyAl
No, you can help them quit if they want to.
Trying to make someone quit is... wrong, for Political and Moral reasons.

I see what you're saying, but smoking( or any drug) actually can hurt people around them,as well as the person who's doing it.
Quote by TomusAM
I see what you're saying, but smoking( or any drug) actually can hurt people around them,as well as the person who's doing it.

Yes, but unless they WANT to quit, they won't. And trying to make them quit will just damage your relationship.
Quote by MightyAl
Yes, but unless they WANT to quit, they won't. And trying to make them quit will just damage your relationship.

MightAl is correct.

Also, if you think you're getting hurt from being around said person, then its time for YOU to make a decision and maybe not be around them.
I don't expect people to completely change for me, but I do motivate them to better things in a positive way.