Hi there music lovers,

I've recently fulfilled my long time wish and bought my self electric guitar. I tried couple of them and at the end I've end up with Fender Telecaster Highway One model. I love the guitar so far, but I don't love my current amplification setup I use.

I bought Native Instruments guitar computer interface and amp modeling software - Guitar Rig Session, which includes Guitar Rig 4 Essential software. I listened to demos online and tones sounded freaking great... We'll since I got this software it doesn't sound that good back home using the bundled factory presets... there's nowhere to find some good old rock'n'roll, rock or blues sounds. I am a bit disappointing. I don't have any knowledge on how to model the authentic sounds my self...

So I think I am gonna sell the Guitar Rig Session and buy the real amp for the Telecaster instead... Here I need your help. Which amps should I look at for up to around 500€ (cca 720$). I am gonna use it only at home in my room. I doesn't need to be very loud... but I would love to have great, authentic rock, rock'n'roll and blues sound and something that generally work for many stiles of music. Let's say I am looking something that would allow me to play many songs from Rolling Stone top 500 songs of all time. From Beatles, Elvis to CCR, Pink Floyd, Clapton ...

Thanks a lot,
Jume
Maybe look into a Fender Blues Junior or Blackstar HT-5.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Fender Hot Rod line... particularly the Deville.

However, i'll recommend playing around with the settings on ur rig. You said your guitar doesn't sound good with the factory demos. THAT is the problem. They're factory presets.

Tweak them to YOUR liking.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Marshall microstack mg hfx? try that. decent practice amp that covers a lot of ground. Good built in practice effects.
Quote by Toker420
Marshall microstack mg hfx? try that. decent practice amp that covers a lot of ground. Good built in practice effects.

No.

Quote by Toker420

NO!!

If you want an excellent amp right from the world go and you can afford it, go for the Blackstar ht-5. It sounds incredible and can be played at home and it will motivate you to keep playing. An MG sounds shit and will make you want to smash your guitar
Quote by evening_crow
Fender Hot Rod line... particularly the Deville.
That's way too much for just home use. Plus it's a few hundred over his budget.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
for that stuff, i'd find a nice overdrive pedal and a fender pro jr. great little classic rock set up for the bedroom. other amps to consider

fender champ 600
epi valve jr
marshall class 5
blackheart little giant

or a vibro champ or super champ xd.
Quote by -NOFX-
That's way too much for just home use. Plus it's a few hundred over his budget.

I'll admit it is a bit too much for home use, but i believe he said euros. It might be possible to find one at that price.

Uff thanks guys for quick response. I will take a look into every model advised so far.

Quote by evening_crow

However, i'll recommend playing around with the settings on ur rig. You said your guitar doesn't sound good with the factory demos. THAT is the problem. They're factory presets.

I think I've already spent too much time with it... They do advertise the product ships with over 200 studio quality presets ... Even though I own quality studio monitors (Mackie HR-824), I think I've had enough playing with Guitar Rig 4. It takes to much time... I know I could build my own presets and then just use those. I did try, but they don't sound good. I just really want to plug and play and enjoy the sound...
I tried out Guitar rig myself. I thought it was basically the same as any multi effects solid state amp. It doesn't even compare to a tube amp, plus who the hell wants to turn a computer on and fiddle about with a program every time they want to chill out and play some music

Fender Super Champ XD
Blackstar HT-5 (I have the ministack of this)
Class5

Any of them would kick ass for a beginner, and you would be much happier than you currently are
Fender Hot rod deluxe second hand prices start at 700€, unless you're lucky. So a deville is definately out of range, and pure overkill imo as well. The deluxe range offers the same for less money. Maybe try a blues jr?

maybe a vox nighttrain with a 1x12 cab is in your range second hand.

Where in europe are you located?
It seems like what you need is a small clean tube amp and some pedals. I know a Fender Deluxe is over you price range, but it might be possible to find one used. If you're getting one of the newer ones, you would want a "Deluxe Reverb Reissue", not the weird Deluxe VM or whatever with digital effects.

I'd avoid the hot rod deluxe - cheap jacks and pots insure it will be in the shop sooner rather than later. The marshal MG doesn't even merit discussion.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Yeah, man, the marshall class 5 would be awesome for that stuff! Check it out, plus it fits in your budget nicely!
Quote by gregs1020
for that stuff, i'd find a nice overdrive pedal and a fender pro jr. great little classic rock set up for the bedroom. other amps to consider

fender champ 600
epi valve jr
marshall class 5
blackheart little giant

These^ are great recommendations for what your looking for.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Thanks for all the replies. I did check most of the models you suggested and what I saw (heard) watching Youtube reviews my initial rating would be:

1. Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue -> wow sounds amazing
2. Blackstar ht-5
3. Hot Rod Deluxe
3. Peavey Classic 30
4. Fender Super Champ XD
4. Blackheart Little Giant
4. Marshall Class5
5. Epiphone Valve Junior

The no.1 is definetely out of my budget range as it comes around €1000 in my country. So I'm gonna keep looking into the other models on the list...

@skrallan -> Slovenia, EU
Matamp Minimat?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by gregs1020

fender champ 600
epi valve jr
marshall class 5
blackheart little giant

+1

also try tweaking the modelling software presets first, as someone else said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Classic 30 would be good, although a bit overkill for home practise.

I may be biased, but Blackheart Handsome Devil is seriously a good option, and with the leftover money, you can get some pedals to go with it.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by BucketheadOwns
I tried out Guitar rig myself. I thought it was basically the same as any multi effects solid state amp. It doesn't even compare to a tube amp, plus who the hell wants to turn a computer on and fiddle about with a program every time they want to chill out and play some music

Bullshit. Guitar Rig 4 (and even more so, Revalver III) sounds better and is more useful for home practice than any high-quality tube amp I've ever owned. Damned if 95% of guitarists could hear the difference between a mic'd tube amp and decent modelling software.

Don't use the presets though, factory settings are always junk. Use them as a starting point and tweak to get the sounds you want!

Also, what are you listening to Guitar Rig through?
Marshall Class 5
Fender Super Champ XD
Epiphone Valve Junior
Epiphone Blues Deluxe
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Fender Champ 600
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by kyle62
Bullshit. Guitar Rig 4 (and even more so, Revalver III) sounds better and is more useful for home practice than any high-quality tube amp I've ever owned. Damned if 95% of guitarists could hear the difference between a mic'd tube amp and decent modelling software.

Don't use the presets though, factory settings are always junk. Use them as a starting point and tweak to get the sounds you want!

quite true. i use revalver more than my amp these days. for home practice the thing is fantastic.

Jume, if you dont have an issue playing through your computer instead of a real amp, i suggest reading the first few posts here. i suggest the Revalver III demo, keFIR, and Ryan's impulses. you can run Revalver as a stand alone app, then you just replace their cab simulator with keFIR and use one of Ryan's impulses. if you like the setup, you buy Revalver to get rid of the occasional hiss. if not, then you look at some amps.

if you do go with an amp, id start with gregs' list. fender blues/pro junior is a good choice, and throw a good overdrive pedal in front of it and youve got a nice little home rig.
Quote by Jume79
Thanks for all the replies. I did check most of the models you suggested and what I saw (heard) watching Youtube reviews my initial rating would be:

1. Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue -> wow sounds amazing
2. Blackstar ht-5
3. Hot Rod Deluxe
3. Peavey Classic 30
4. Fender Super Champ XD
4. Blackheart Little Giant
4. Marshall Class5
5. Epiphone Valve Junior

The no.1 is definetely out of my budget range as it comes around €1000 in my country. So I'm gonna keep looking into the other models on the list...

@skrallan -> Slovenia, EU
did you not look at the blues jr? its basically a hot rod but smaller (_or so i hear_ but dont take that for gospel, listen for yourself)
Quote by kyle62

A said somwhere above already. Mackie HR-824 studio monitors... I think this should be quite OK?!
Quote by kthxbi
did you not look at the blues jr? its basically a hot rod but smaller (_or so i hear_ but dont take that for gospel, listen for yourself)

I did check it out today and I have to say it sound really great! And the price is right ... Maybe it's a favorite so far. I think it sounds better then Super Champ XD.