I've heard a lot of good things about these d'addario strings, but i've never really used them.
Currently I'm using some DR strings, but my question is which d'addario strings are the best for metal stuff/which ones are the most used by you guys?

Also I tried to browse around online for some d'addario strings but there is such a huge choice I never have any idea which are the ones that will be good for me.

muchas gracias.
are you playing a 6 or 7 string guitar?

what gage do you currently use?

do you drop tune?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
strings are strings. most american string companies get their strings from the same piano wire company.
i never realy bought into the whole string brand debate, i just put them on my guitars whatever they are.
Quote by gregs1020
are you playing a 6 or 7 string guitar?

what gage do you currently use?

do you drop tune?

6 string
50% of the time im inn drop tuning
and current i'm using 11s, although i think i prefer 10s
^how low tuning typically, and what scale length is your guitar?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Also, it's all preference. Do you like tight or floppy, and its also all about the feel. Tonality and strings for me comes second. Feel is first. Buy a pack and see if you like 'em.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^how low tuning typically, and what scale length is your guitar?

drop c most of the time.

I guess the best think to do is to try them out, but since there are so many versions i was unsure of which type i would go for, but the guage would most likely be 10 - 49
for drop C, i'd get at least 10-52 to keep your strings from feeling too loose. that's what i'd try first then you can adjust it from there
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I play in C# standard and Drop C on a 24.75" Scale Length Gibson Les Paul. I use the EXL115W pack. It's 11's with a wound third G string. Try out the wound third. It takes a little getting used to, but it's so worth it. I love it, and the intonation is excellent.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
for drop C, i'd get at least 10-52 to keep your strings from feeling too loose. that's what i'd try first then you can adjust it from there

Thanks, but I wanna know which d'addario string to go for, since there are so many
Quote by Metallica1554
Thanks, but I wanna know which d'addario string to go for, since there are so many

Just get a set of XLs, 10-46, and go from there. Stop making such a fuss!

DR make comparable quality strings though, so if you're happy with them don't go changing just because 'so and so uses these' or ' X told me these are good'