when i make some full bends (usualy up) when i release them the next string, coming down (from up to down) makes noise...like when i make a bend i touch the next string too and when i release it it ofcourse makes sound thats not necessary.

plz answer if u understand.
sorry for language
I used to have this problem too. Then a friend showed me the following. If you're bending with your middle and ring fingers, use your index finger and rest it across the adjacent strings lightly. This will mute them and prevent any unwanted noise.
what I usually do (but I've never had any lessons, so it may not be the correct thing to do) is, I tap the string im beding with my pinkie, to mute it out. Or I just play the next note over it, so it stands out less. (if it's a fast riff)
Last edited by Jinzu at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by Jinzu
what I usually do (but I've never had any lessons, so it may not be the correct thing to do) is, I tap the string im beding with my pinkie, to mute it out. Or I just play the next note over it, so it stands out less. (if it's a fast riff)

there is no right or wrong way just do what feels easiest/most comfortable
with every bend, your right hand can mute the rest. that's what i do
What you are trying to do is a complicated technique (using just the left hand):

Bend notes using 2 fingers (on the same string) to push the bend. For example, if bending with the third finger, push also with the second finger, either on the same fret or on the one below. Then the skin on the tip of the second/ and or third finger can mute the next string over, or what I call "ride it down" in silence till it is back to normal.
Monty Craig - Professor of Jazz Guitar and Combos - Clemson University
Quote by JDioon
with every bend, your right hand can mute the rest. that's what i do

+1
this is a very effective method.