Hi, so currently I own a Peavey Valveking half stack, which I do like rather a lot, but just the size of it makes it hard for me to move around, and I don't honestly need the power as we mic it up everytime we do a gig.

Now, I was wondering, instead of getting a smaller combo for about £500ish, would I just be better off getting something like a line 6 POD X3 live or X3 Pro? I've heard some really good stuff about them, and it would make life so much easier as I can just plug it in wherever.

My band play Deathcore kind of stuff, so need to get some pretty heavy tones out of it

So basically, should I get a combo tube amp of some kind (£500ish) or get a POD or something similar? Bare in mind I don't want to buy extra pedals to achieve sounds etc.

Thanks
This is a sig...
Last edited by The_Dude03 at Dec 21, 2009,
You could try - but you better have a great monitor system in place. Its surprisingly difficult to play when you cant hear yourself clearly.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Modelling can get u close. Even the most expensive ones (Axe Fx, etc) can get u really close but it CANNOT replace the warm sound of a tube amp. My2cents
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
I've just gone the other way....

The POD is a piece of quality kit but sounds very, very 'thin' when you play live.... esp when the other guitarist has a valve head....

Which is why I ditched the effects and got a tube head...
[
get a nice 2x12 and a better head
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals