So the other day I was talking with a friend and he's a Christian (I am not).
Though he's a Christian, he says **** and shit and doesn't really act like a Christian sometimes. But when it comes to dying, he is convinced that he will go to heaven.

We had a pretty big discussion about it and his point is that.. if you believe in God and accept him into your heart, youll go to heaven.. even if you cuss or have sex before marriage.. But I'm gonna go to hell because I don't believe in him at all..

Do you guys think thats logical?
That God doesn't care if you do shit that he says not to do, as long as you believe in him?

tl;dr: Do you guys think it's logical that God doesn't care if you do shit that he says not to do, as long as you believe in him?
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
I think it's illogical to live my life believing that an invisible man is up on high controlling everything.
Last edited by JackalUK at Dec 21, 2009,
That's kinda the point of the religion dude. You believe in Jesus dieing for your sins, keep faith. And you go to heaven, of course we should be stewards, tithe money, do charity work and all that, but if you don't it doesn't mean you go straight to hell.
Quote by metal4ever6328
what does cussing have to do with being a Christian?

I said it as an example of something he does.
He has had sex and gets drunk and does exactly something a Christian doesn't do..
Is that better?

Though the bible does mention that people shouldn't use profanities..
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
I've never gotten the point of not cursing... F*ck, shit and other things based on other types of human feces, coïtus or body fluids or hardly blasphemous...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
No, it's not logical. Now excuse me while I go and fuck many beautiful ladies while lighting up a doobie and taking a dump in a bishops hat.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by CheezMeUp
I've never gotten the point of not cursing... F*ck, shit and other things based on other types of human feces, coïtus or body fluids or hardly blasphemous...

It also says that it's ok to own slaves in the bible, who are we to question their morality?
Yep, God is insecure as hell. He doesn't care what you do, but you HAVE TO acknowledge him or he will **** you up for, well, eternity.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by sglover34479
That's kinda the point of the religion dude. You believe in Jesus dieing for your sins, keep faith. And you go to heaven, of course we should be stewards, tithe money, do charity work and all that, but if you don't it doesn't mean you go straight to hell.

I get your point.
But from what I understood from our arguments is that you can do the worst shit but if you believe in God, your in heaven.
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
Quote by ChiliMyAss
I said it as an example of something he does.
He has had sex and gets drunk and does exactly something a Christian doesn't do..
Is that better?

Though the bible does mention that people shouldn't use profanities..

the only thing it mentions is not to take the lords name in vain
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by neopowell
No, it's not logical. Now excuse me while I go and fuck many beautiful ladies while lighting up a doobie and taking a dump in a bishops hat.

You, my dear sir, know how to live.
Quote by ChiliMyAss
I get your point.
But from what I understood from our arguments is that you can do the worst shit but if you believe in God, your in heaven.

Spot on. It's called confession.

EDIT-^ I need a new sig quote.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by ChiliMyAss
I get your point.

Well the Bible mentions certain sins that are unforgivable, blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, and suicide, I don't remember if there are more. But that's the point of the whole thing, to be reborn and have all your sins no matter how awful washed away. Anyone who is truely reborn in Christ and means it usually doesn't feel and need to do the cussing and stuff again, if they do then idk, I'm no expert. Obviously he shouldn't be running around having sex and all that, but I don't think it's costing him Heaven..I see your point as well, that doesn't exactly seem right. Oh well I'm off for some lunch.
That would be beatifull if God existed. Or if even the bible wasn't modified over a hundred times. As it is, I don't think God would be like "ahh well, time to loosen the rules up a bit".
Fact is, anyone with even slight mental capabilities could tell you it's as pure as bullshit gets.
Quote by Jman09
the only thing it mentions is not to take the lords name in vain

-Matthew 12:36-37: "I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

-Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

-1 Timothy: "O, Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babbling."
Add Me!

If man is five...
If the devil is six...
If GOD IS SEVEN...
Quote by ChiliMyAss
-Matthew 12:36-37: "I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

-Ephesians 4:29: "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

-1 Timothy: "O, Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babbling."

Holy shit****, ChillMyAss. What's the punishment for uttering such profanities?
I usually get a kick out of this.