Hey

Just bought a Peavey 6505. Now after a very cheap cab, but nothing shit haha. Anyone know any cabs that are decent but cheap? 4x12 only.

Cheers.
look for ones that are of high quality to start with, and look for them on the used market. because 4x12's are generally expensive. like $450+.

it also depends what speakers you want, for example most/all mesa 4x12's come with vintage 30s while marshall 1960a's come with gt12-75's.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
if i remember correctly avatar is having a celestion packed 412 on sale as a christmas special for under $300
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

G412 Traditional Custom Cabinet Year End Special...You get this 412 cabinet only in black tolex, choose wheat or fender grill cloth, no piping around the grill, loaded with four Celestion 30 watt G1230 MG 12 inch speakers. (not G12H30) Standard 8 ohm mono cabinet. That is a 120 watt Celestion loaded 412 cab for less than our usual speakerless price! These popular specials are built , packed and ready to ship. ONLY $247. plus $49 shipping!
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
oversized 1x12 would sound awesome
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
hey. yeah thanks for all the replys. keep them coming. just for an update.. this would be for metal mostly. and to be played live quite alot. cheers.
Why would you run a 6505 through a cheap cab? Save up for a decent cab dude, it'll be worth it
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
Why would you run a 6505 through a cheap cab? Save up for a decent cab dude, it'll be worth it

Cause i just spent alot of money on the head. Is there any cheap cabs that are "6505 worthy" haha. Btw i live in UK so items available in the UK would be handier than ordering from states. cheers.
Zilla cabs have a 4x12 unloaded for £300, or you could get a harley benton 4x12 loaded with V30's for about £250
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I suggest a quality used cab. I paid 400 us for my marshall 1960a.

That avatar cab is tempting deal but whats up with those speakers.

Get a 4x12 you will be happier. Stereo is cool down the road if you get another head.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
i was thinking a marshall 1960a but wasnt sure. my budget is around 200 pounds. so i was looking on second hand market haha
Quote by fwibble

Cheap doesn't have to mean "bad." It can mean inexpensive. There are many companies that are built as solid as "name" brands, and you don't get that mark up for the name on the grill.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Cheap doesn't have to mean "bad." It can mean inexpensive. There are many companies that are built as solid as "name" brands, and you don't get that mark up for the name on the grill.

so true. or i could even go second hand.