hi, i was wondering what kinda price it could cost to get red LEDs put into it so that it looks like its powered by some demon thing btw i'm in the UK, and where would i go to get something like that done cos i'm no electrician or whatever that does this kind of thing. thanks
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by shredftw
hi, i was wondering what kinda price it could cost to get red LEDs put into it so that it looks like its powered by some demon thing btw i'm in the UK, and where would i go to get something like that done cos i'm no electrician or whatever that does this kind of thing. thanks

Just look at car parts places and find those LED dash lights... Then wire it up to a 12v DC adapter, and throw it in there. You can't really wire the LEDs into the head without adding a lot of noise so don't bother.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's easy to do - just run them off the heater tap of the transformer, with a resistor before the diode to step the voltage down to whatever it needs, and one after to make sure the current is low enough.

Running them off a separate supply may be smarter though.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
Just look at car parts places and find those LED dash lights... Then wire it up to a 12v DC adapter, and throw it in there. You can't really wire the LEDs into the head without adding a lot of noise so don't bother.

ok cheers, any idea how much that would cost
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Dec 21, 2009,
Remember that the Rectifier amps have a closed front panel, so the LEDs will be hard to see. There is the small vent in the front though. But that's like the size of my thumb.
Or were planning on removing the whole front panel permanently?
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Remember that the Rectifier amps have a closed front panel, so the LEDs will be hard to see. There is the small vent in the front though. But that's like the size of my thumb.
Or were planning on removing the whole front panel permanently?

nah, i want the front panel still on. i just want it to look like its got some kind of demon inside it i.e. really bright red LEDs bathing the inside of the amp
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
I think i'm going to try to do this on my Peavey JSX, i'm also a fan of the evil amp that devours souls look.

If i take off the back plate and tape it behind the grill in front and just plug it in with a 12V adapter will that work?

I'm looking at these too: http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

Not sure if those are good or not....
I visited this one guy's house here in town one time and he had done this with his Recto. Looked AWESOME.

Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Thats what i want with my JSX!!!! haha but with red.

Can anyone help me out with my previous post?
wow my thread has been revived

that recto is exactly what i want, but again with RED. it should look epic cos mines a Blackface
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults

Not a recto but i always liked the look of this thing. I really need a metal grill on my amp!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
awh geez, now that i see this pictures it makes want an amp that you can see into...
friggin JCM2000 series...
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by KG Karnage
I think i'm going to try to do this on my Peavey JSX, i'm also a fan of the evil amp that devours souls look.

If i take off the back plate and tape it behind the grill in front and just plug it in with a 12V adapter will that work?

I'm looking at these too: http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

^Will that work essentially??
^ they would work but for the picture I showed above, the guy used LEDs from Autoparts. They typically go in cars and such but apparently he got it to work by wiring it to the fan in the amp.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X