some other 10 rock bands

and today there is

Led zeppelin
jingle bells
you belong with me . taylor swift
last christmas . George michael
Lady gaga , bad romance

DUDE WTF?!!
If you're looking for an apology from me for looking up Taylor Swift tabs your not getting it.
what that means is taylor swift is way tougher to play than metallica, pink floyd and GnR

Im just saying that i though that people who really plays guitar would try to play something a little more hard than a 3 chord pattern or lady gaga.

IS DAMM POP COMMUNITY T_T if Kurt Cobain were alive this wouldnt happen xD
This isn't even threadworthy.
Top 100 stats are generated by number of times people look at tabs.
You don't approve of what others choose to listen to or play?
Not up for discussion.
Enjoy what you enjoy and accept that others have different tastes.

Quit whining.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by zlaxguitar
Im just saying that i though that people who really plays guitar would try to play something a little more hard than a 3 chord pattern or lady gaga.

Wait, you're saying that nirvana made complicated chord patterns or something?
Quote by zlaxguitar

So you're saying that if you happen to like a song with only three or four chords, say like "Smells like Teen Spirit", you can't be a good guitarist?

I don't think your arguement makes sense...
OP:
'real guitar players' are concerned with playing something that is musical and that they like, which may well be a three chord pattern, most technically challenging music isnt great music, just mediocre excersize. And IMO lady gaga (who was accepted to juliard for high school at age 11 and studied music at NYU in college) is more musical then something like yngwie malmsteen. get your head out of your ass.
Quote by Keth
Wait, you're saying that nirvana made complicated chord patterns or something?

Lol, he's right... they revolutionized music... Green-Day set the bar by using 3 chords. And Nirvana raised it by adding a 4th chord to the progression
Last edited by TheMooseKnuckle at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by tehREALcaptain
OP:
'real guitar players' are concerned with playing something that is musical and that they like, which may well be a three chord pattern, most technically challenging music isnt great music, just mediocre excersize. And IMO lady gaga (who was accepted to juliard for high school at age 11 and studied music at NYU in college) is more musical then something like yngwie malmsteen. get your head out of your ass.

Nothing is "more musical" than anything else. Yngwie Malmsteen and Lady Gaga both make music. Just because Malmsteen plays a lot of fast notes doesn't mean that he isn't making music. Lots of people (me included) enjoy Malmsteen's music. So what if it is or isn't technical?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Lady gaga? That song is horrible.

I think "Bad Romance" is great.
Quote by Equivalence
accept that people have different tastes than you?
also, many people like to play recognizable tunes on their acoustic by the fireplace, so it's not that weird that these songs are popular around this time of the year.

if your tastes include taylor swift, you do not deserve tastes
Why isn't this closed yet?

Flame inducing thread; not worth it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
MT > Pit

Inane chat about Lady GaGa vs Zeppelin is better suited for the fap traders in the Pit.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Nothing is "more musical" than anything else. Yngwie Malmsteen and Lady Gaga both make music. Just because Malmsteen plays a lot of fast notes doesn't mean that he isn't making music. Lots of people (me included) enjoy Malmsteen's music. So what if it is or isn't technical?

thats exactly why i prefaced that statement with "in my opinion". There is no hard and fast 'this is more musical then that' but it is generally thought that someone like beethoven or charlie parker had a more musical approach then someone like little wayne. As for why I made that statement: (IN MY OPPINION) the music of a (good) singer songwriter requires more thought during a performance (correct vocal tone production, phrasing and recollection of exact pitches), while the performance of a shred piece oftentimes just requires playing correct notes. My issue with most shred (particularly yngwie) is it took the devotion to perfection that classical music has but left the devotion to musicality. Yngwie's compositions are (to me) boring rehashing of idiomatic classical cliche's, except with less dynamics and a giant middle finger to things like phrasing, form and tone production. But thats just me.