I have my 3 year old heritage cherry Gibson Explorer on there in perfect condition and for some reason I can't get a fair price on it. It was at $650 with a minute left and I had to have my friend sneak in a bid because I couldn't let it go for that price! Aren't used Explorers in perfect condition worth like $900-$1k? I set a reserve of $800 this time and I doubt it's going to hit that.
Quote by drewfromutah
Retail price brand new is $1,399. Half of that seems really low, even for an eBay auction.

It's overpriced brand new.
Quote by drewfromutah
I had to have my friend sneak in a bid because I couldn't let it go for that price!

Wow! Now I know not to bid on the Cherry Red Explorer that ends on Dec 22, 2009 at 14:59:00 PST.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
Wow! Now I know not to bid on the Cherry Red Explorer that ends on Dec 22, 2009 at 14:59:00 PST.

Yeah right. I'm selling it no matter what happens this time. If I keep relisting it I'm just going to get piled up with fees.
eBay - You're doing it wrong TS.

$650 is about what I'd expect to pay for an Explorer on there. If you want your $800 so much, go to Craigslist or something. People go on eBay because they want a deal.
Wow good job on having your friend bid on it without the intent to win it. It's against ebay rules and morally wrong as well. If you can't get a good price on ebay then look elsewhere.
Quote by drewfromutah
Yeah right. I'm selling it no matter what happens this time. If I keep relisting it I'm just going to get piled up with fees.

At least you put a reserve on it this time.

It's a nice guitar and I'd buy it with the case for $800. Maybe now people will keep bidding until someone hits the reserve. Good luck.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Alex Vik
eBay - You're doing it wrong TS.

$650 is about what I'd expect to pay for an Explorer on there. If you want your $800 so much, go to Craigslist or something. People go on eBay because they want a deal.

You've also got it wrong. People buy second hand because they want a deal.

And I'm wrong with a double post. Oops.
- Albert Einstein -
^ You are wrong. I go to e-bay to get a deal on new and used stuff.
I have about 50 sold items on eBay and I've never been shorted on value as much as I have on this guitar. Most of the stuff I sell hits exactly what the item is worth (and the Explorer is worth over $800). For some reason this guitar has trouble selling.
Quote by drewfromutah
I have about 50 sold items on eBay and I've never been shorted on value as much as I have on this guitar. Most of the stuff I sell hits exactly what the item is worth (and the Explorer is worth over $800). For some reason this guitar has trouble selling.

An item is worth what someone will pay for it, not what you think someone ought to pay for it.
Folks that go to eBay (me included) are not going to pay something that's only 10-15% off the retail price. I look for 40% and higher before I even consider making a purchase. You need to remember TS: they have to pay for shipping and handling as well.

What kind of a deal are THEY getting out of this? Remember that eBay is a free market - if nobody wants to buy it at the price you offer, nobody has to.
Quote by GerGuam
^ You are wrong. I go to e-bay to get a deal on new and used stuff.

You're wrong. I only mentioned people expecting a deal when buying second hand, I did not say people only go to eBay to by used.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Jipped?

ANSWER
The proper spelling is jipped. It is a slang term, which means to be cheated, stolen, dissed."He jipped me on these tickets".
Quote by Thrill-house
ANSWER
The proper spelling is jipped. It is a slang term, which means to be cheated, stolen, dissed."He jipped me on these tickets".

You sucked the thrill out of that definition.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Thrill-house
ANSWER

gyp
(redirected from gypped)
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia 0.02 sec.
gyp also gip (jp) Slang
tr.v. gypped also gipped, gyp·ping also gip·ping, gyps also gips
To deprive (another) of something by fraud; cheat or swindle.
n.
1. A fraud or swindle.
2. One who defrauds; a swindler.
[Probably short for Gypsy.]
gypper n.

gyp1, gip [dʒɪp] Slang
vb gyps, gypping, gypped, gips gipping, gipped
(tr) to swindle, cheat, or defraud
n
1. an act of cheating
2. a person who gyps
[back formation from Gypsy]

Oh, God, the fail in this thread hurts my brain.
Quote by Survivalism
gyp
(redirected from gypped)
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia 0.02 sec.
gyp also gip (jp) Slang
tr.v. gypped also gipped, gyp·ping also gip·ping, gyps also gips
To deprive (another) of something by fraud; cheat or swindle.
n.
1. A fraud or swindle.
2. One who defrauds; a swindler.
[Probably short for Gypsy.]
gypper n.

gyp1, gip [dʒɪp] Slang
vb gyps, gypping, gypped, gips gipping, gipped
(tr) to swindle, cheat, or defraud
n
1. an act of cheating
2. a person who gyps
[back formation from Gypsy]

Oh, God, the fail in this thread hurts my brain.

Idk man, all I did was google it and quoted the first thing that came up which happened to be urban dictionary.
Quote by Thrill-house
Idk man, all I did was google it and quoted the first thing that came up which happened to be urban dictionary.

FYI - urbandictionary.com isn't a real dictionary.
Quote by drewfromutah
I have my 3 year old heritage cherry Gibson Explorer on there in perfect condition and for some reason I can't get a fair price on it. It was at $650 with a minute left and I had to have my friend sneak in a bid because I couldn't let it go for that price! Aren't used Explorers in perfect condition worth like $900-$1k? I set a reserve of $800 this time and I doubt it's going to hit that.

You fucking prick. That was going to be my paraplegic dad's christmas gift because he had one just like it when he was younger. I was so bummed out when someone else bought it at finding this out really pisses me off.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by drewfromutah
It was at $650 with a minute left and I had to have my friend sneak in a bid because I couldn't let it go for that price!

Whilst The Pit has somewhat loose rules and morales, I think even something like that is kind of low.
Quote by MightyAl
FYI - urbandictionary.com isn't a real dictionary.

No shit, I never said it was I said it was the first thing that came up. Stop jumping to conclusions man.
A better question is WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE DRIVE THE PRICE UP FAR BEFORE THE AUCTION IS CLOSE TO ENDING.

Seriously.

Trying to buy vinyls is HELL on eBay because dumbasses have no fucking idea how to bid!
Quote by drewfromutah

Just reported you to ebay