Hey Guys,

Recently i changed my strings, i use GHS Boomers, i stayed with the same brand but i'm getting problems.

When i got home and plugged in i started to notice that when i played through the bridge PUP, it sounded really really unbearably bright. Then i clicked into the neck PUP and it sounded fine. So i fiddled with the amp EQ and brought down the treble and moved the mids around and it worked for the bridge PUP but it bade the neck sound really really muddy.

I have come to conclude that maybe the strings are too bright for the guitar and maybe i should change them. Am i right? It sounded great before i changed the strings Oh, and what strings should i change to?

Thanks
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Well strings are always extremely bright for the first few days you change them
just play them alot and stretch them out. Maybe roll the tone back on the bridge pup when your using it. Other than that try different strings. Ive always used D'addario 10's they work fine and are cheap
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Thanks+I used to use D'addario strings are they less bright than GHS Boomers?
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
thats a cheap brand of strings... i usually buy 11 gauge hi beams or black beauties from DR... i love DR strings, Ill never switch brands on my strings because DR has the best strings out there, at least in my personal experience.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
Boomers are just a cheap brand. I would try switching if i were you. Its all about what the string is made out of as well.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Boomers are just a cheap brand. I would try switching if i were you. Its all about what the string is made out of as well.

That surprises me, i tried boomers because Morello uses then and i liked them quite a bit. But would these be better?

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/5930-dean_markley_super_vintage_nickel_electric_guitar_strings_10_46
My Gig Rig...