Hey guys, I`ve been looking at my first guitar. Its a MIM Tele and I really don`t want to sell it `cause its my first real guitar. Only thing is I hate the sound that comes out of it especially when hooked up to my Mesa Boogie single Rectifier it actually sounds better with my crappy spider III.

So basically I just want to trash the Pups and re-fit it with some good ones.

I really love the telecaster sounds that say Pearl Jam and The Foo Fighters have.
Kinda that not quite classic rock but not real modern either kind of sound.

Suggestions?
Hmm....they do sell Telecasters that are HH pickup configuration yehknow, just in case you decide to sell it. I'd suggest add some humbuckers, Alnicos or Seymour Duncans should do the trick if you want that grungy or modern rock sound.

Mesa users FTW, mother****er
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by EvilAngel93
Hmm....they do sell Telecasters that are HH pickup configuration yehknow, just in case you decide to sell it. I'd suggest add some humbuckers, Alnicos or Seymour Duncans should do the trick if you want that grungy or modern rock sound.

Mesa users FTW, mother****er

Yea, I know but mine is SS and I really don`t want to sell it just fix it up. The bands I`m a fan of use singles. Plus I already have a Jackson DKMG and I`m going to add a PRS Singlecut this summer. So I want to get this Tele to fill the gap in there.

And yes Mesa`s rock harder than anything else ever could.
Maybe consider some of those single coil sized humbuckers. I don't think you'll get the full humbucker sound but it'll get you close and probably get rid of a little twang.
Oh and install a push/pull knob so you can still keep that single coil sound with the coil taps
Last edited by Shashing at Dec 21, 2009,
i've hardly seen the foos or pearl jam use singles (usually i see dave with an lp or one of his very nice gretsch's *drool*)..............but i've heard very good things about the seymour duncan hot rails.........they might help.........
if your willing to rout, you could put a t.v. jones or other filtertron type in the neck, i have a friend who has one in her tele, and it sounds killer.