Poll: Do you answer texts more than actual Phone Calls?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you answer texts more than actual Phone Calls?
I answer only to texts.
7 5%
I answer only to phone calls.
5 4%
I answer to both equally.
77 60%
I answer to one a bit more than the other (please specify)
40 31%
Voters: 129.
Page 1 of 2
Alright, I was just wondering how many people only answer their phones if it's a text. It seems like like NO ONE answers their phones anymore. I don't know if this is a big trend everywhere or if it's more or less just a local thing. I'm in Nor-Cal (hella ).
90% of texts are unimportant and not worthy of me answering them.

EDIT: I misunderstood the question. I answer phone calls because everyone that has my number knows only to call me if it can't wait.
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Dec 21, 2009,
depends if someone texts me some pointless shizz or one of those 'FW' messages.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

100% of my texts and phone calls are from my girlfriend.

So yeah. I answer everything.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC
100% of my texts and phone calls are from my girlfriend.

So yeah. I answer everything.

ditto, actually.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I have a telephone with the numbers 0-9 on it. Sometimes when I'm lucky I'll get reception and make a call. Sometimes if I'm even luckier, that person will answer.

Not a lot of people have my number, and the ones that do have it know not to bother me with pointless crap. So I almost always answer texts, and most calls (unless it's an inconvenient time)
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
i ususally text cause
1. phone conversations tend to be boring
2. i may be talking about something i dont want people over hearing
3. i can talk to a lot of people at once

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by Perfection 101
Not a lot of people have my number, and the ones that do have it know not to bother me with pointless crap. So I almost always answer texts, and most calls (unless it's an inconvenient time)

+1
No one texts me. If they do, I rip their nuts out.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by RIP Back in Red
Alright, I was just wondering how many people only answer their phones if it's a text. It seems like like NO ONE answers their phones anymore. I don't know if this is a big trend everywhere or if it's more or less just a local thing. I'm in Nor-Cal (hella ).

Where do you live? I live in Northern California too.

I answer both calls and texts. (Probably because nobody every tries communicating with me).
I barely ever get called, but I usually answer if I know the number, but if I don't know the number then there's a 50/50 chance of me answering.
I also answer texts when they have a question worth answering
I answer to phone calls more frequently, because if someone calls it means they want to talk to me. On the other hand, sometimes people text me just because they have a stupid joke or they're bored (although I do receive many important text messages too).
I answer all texts, and phone calls from people I know. otherwise if they call my cell and I don't know them, i let them leave a message.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The last serious text I got was my friend checking all the numbers in his phone.
It's been months since I've read a text message.
Quote by RIP Back in Red

I hate you, I want to live in San Jose.
On topic, I answer neither
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by StringAssassin
The last serious text I got was my friend checking all the numbers in his phone.
It's been months since I've read a text message.

You know the contest has been over for about a month now?

You can change your avatar back if you want

>.>

<.<
I try to answer any calls I get, but it seems everytime I get a phone call I'm in the toilet trying to have a crap
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I (almost) always answer a phone call, and usually respone to texts, unless it's meaningless bullshit.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Threads like this make me feel good about my social life. I usually answer both depending on who is trying to contact me.
Where is the "No one calls me/texts me" option?
DeVillains!
I answer both. That being said, I only really text one person particularly often, and she always texts instead of calls me, so...
Quote by Zaphikh
You know the contest has been over for about a month now?

You can change your avatar back if you want
>.>
<.<

I'm too lazy to find anything to replace it.
If I get a phone call, I almost always answer it. If I get a text, same. Unless I'm not in the mood then I don't or I wait a few minutes if I'm busy.
Instead of the last option being a please specify you should of made two separate versions. One with texting and the other with calls.

Anyway, I answer texts more. Phone calls are awkward and annoying. I can't stand being on the phone.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
More people text me than call me. Texting is cheaper.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I don't answer stupid texts like "lol pray fer a snow day then 4wrd this to 10 ppl" but for the most part unless it's someone I don't want to talk to I always answer my phone.
Quote by Kapps
I answer both. That being said, I only really text one person particularly often, and she always texts instead of calls me, so...

Basically this.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 21, 2009,
i answer texts more frequently

i just hate talking on the phone.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Whenever my mobile rings I don't normally hear or feel it straight away so by the time I whip it out of my pocket it's stopped ringing and gone to answerphone. So I do try
Quote by StringAssassin
I'm too lazy to find anything to replace it.

Oh my... would you look at that

It seems as if an avatar has fallen out of somebody's pocket and is shivering, all alone in the cold, waiting for somebody to take it in to a warm loving home. I wonder who has the heart in themselves to do such a selfless act.

>.>

<.<
Quote by Silver-spear94
depends if someone texts me some pointless shizz or one of those 'FW' messages.

You need to uprgrade your friends. Try a newer, spam freee one.

I answer them both, generally. I theres something in a text that doesn't need answering, I'll leave it. There is a mutual knowledge that there is no need for a reply.

If someone gives me the time of day to text, or call, then I'll answer it. It it's a text I might read it later but I'll still reply.

Unlesss this happens while I'm sleeping or when I'm about to sleep. I just turn my phone off and think 'Fuck 'em'
Quote by Butt Rayge
You need to uprgrade your friends. Try a newer, spam freee one.

I answer them both, generally. I theres something in a text that doesn't need answering, I'll leave it. There is a mutual knowledge that there is no need for a reply.

If someone gives me the time of day to text, or call, then I'll answer it. It it's a text I might read it later but I'll still reply.

Unlesss this happens while I'm sleeping or when I'm about to sleep. I just turn my phone off and think 'Fuck 'em'

I haven't been in Te Pit in ages, I'm posting here because you're here.

*holds*

Also, what's the deal with texts? I respond to them at my leasiure; if it's something immediate, ****ing PHONE ME
Neither. I lack a phone. Cheapest phone plan ftw!

Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Page 1 of 2