okay so heres the deal....im just curious..im looking into the line 6 ux2...i heard its a good interface but im curious if it will support what i want to do...mainly i wanna record acoustic and vocals with it and then have midi bass and drums....will the ux2 support that? sry noob question...thanks in advance!
well, I'm not quite sure how you would use a keyboard midi controller with it (maybe the line inputs on the back?) but it does have to microphone inputs on the front which would allow you to mic up your acoustic and vocals.
I've had the thing for a couple years now and it's a pretty awesome device. You can run any VST software you want with it and it comes with the line 6 pod farm thing as well (although that's somewhat low quality compared to Guitar Rig and such, so don't buy the silly metal and vintage expansions)
The UX2 has phantom power, so you'll be able to use a condenser mic to record your acoustic guitar and vocals without any problems. As far as midi drums & bass go, you can just program them in whatever sequencer you have access to. If you intend to use a midi controler of any kind instead of manually programing everything, you'll need to get a midi-usb box, but they are fairly cheap anyway.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I thought id ask in here as it is also regarding the UX2.

Does anyone have any recommendations or websites I can find some good VST software? I have Ableton and plan on getting a UX2 at christmas so if there are any articles/websites that would help get me started that would be great thanks.
Quote by Thy Woodzy
I thought id ask in here as it is also regarding the UX2.

Does anyone have any recommendations or websites I can find some good VST software? I have Ableton and plan on getting a UX2 at christmas so if there are any articles/websites that would help get me started that would be great thanks.

check this link

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203622&highlight=free+vst+thread

I posted a couple good links - then the AMP SIM sticky at the top of this page has some too
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!