I have been playing guitar for a couple of years and I can do a pretty good blues solo, I know the scales and things but when I try and do a rock solo it just sounds like a blues one with distortion. I was wondering if anyone had tips for making my solos more Rock n' Roll. Some artists that sounds I really like are Angus Young, Jimi Hendrix ( But his stuff is very bluesy), Jimmy Page, Joe Perry. I'm really just looking for that classic rock sound.
Best thing to do when you know who you want to sound like is to learn a few of their solos, notice their cliches and reproduce on your own solos.
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

A lot of the time, the difference between a rock and a blue solo is the tempo, and the backing.
If you play a bluesy solo, to a 12 bar blues backing, it sounds like blues, play in a similar manner to a rock backing track, and you'll think "that's definately a more rocky solo".
But my advice, would be to add notes from various other modes and scales into your soloing, I do this for blues also (mainly Dorian and Blues scale notes) but try adding notes from the melodic minor scale into your soloing, this'll give it a more technical sound, as opposed to the raw sound of the pentatonic (assuming this is what you're using)
It's also worth knowing the entire major/minor scales of a key, it can open up your playing a lot.
i thought rock solos were blues solos with more distortion...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought rock solos were blues solos with more distortion...

Me too...and Young, Hendrix, Page, Perry? Bluesy players through and through, without question.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
aye
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Angus Young; Admits he's basically a grittier Blues guitarist.
Jimi Hendrix; All I have to say for this is Friendly Chap(Cookie points if you get it).
Jimmy Page; On pretty much all the eponymous Zeppelin albums there's a delta blues cover of some sort if I recall properly.
Joe Perry; Joe has stated Peter Green, Jeff Beck and Hendrix as influences. Ask anyone, they're bluesy guitarists.

Just do what they did, play the Blues even harder and with brighter-burning soul. If you enjoy it that is. If you don't, then disregard this.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Simple. Learn more Rock solo's.

Who you learn is who you sound like, but with your own style added as well forming a whole new style.
all in the passion and the phrasing
of your playing not just the notes in a sequence
better if you find out for yourself this way you will be able to implement it better and be natural
watch a player that you consider to be playing blues and then watch a guys that is playing what you belief to be rock and se what is different and apply them to your playing
Play over a rock backing track. Playing by yourself (har har har) will make it seem like you're just playing a blues thing with distortion, but if you play the same licks over a nice, heavy rock riff, it will sound really nice. Rock music is just blues on steriods really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero