I think at the moment, there is an incredibly pessimistic view on things, politicians are all liars, the war is all for money and oil, resources the world is running out of, on the home front, emos and chavs are killing eachother, and in a couple of years the world is going to say "fuck you guys, i'm done".

But, i actually consider myself quite lucky to have seen some of the things i have done, at 19 i have seen the turn of a new millenium, will (hopefully) be around for the 2012 olympics, the first black (or African American) president to go into office, the rather rapid advancement of technology from when i was a small boy to now, and quite a few more things.

So is there anything you guys are thankful that you have been around for?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
i saw styx live
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by donender
I think at the moment, there is an incredibly pessimistic view on things, politicians are all liars, the war is all for money and oil, resources the world is running out of, on the home front, emos and chavs are killing eachother, and in a couple of years the world is going to say "fuck you guys, i'm done".

But, i actually consider myself quite lucky to have seen some of the things i have done, at 19 i have seen the turn of a new millenium, will (hopefully) be around for the 2012 olympics, the first black (or African American) president to go into office, the rather rapid advancement of technology from when i was a small boy to now, and quite a few more things.

not to add to the pessimisty... but...

turn of a millenium really doesn't mean anything. Its still just time, with made up increments.

Who cares if the guy is black, that doesn't mean he knows what the hell he's doing (and people have started to realize this)

technology is gonna **** us over in the next 10 years or so (just a gut feeling I have, but I'm pretty sure its right.)

meh, olympics happen every 2 years, why are those special other than the world might explode because of the sun and whatever.

and the only thing I'm really happy about is the fact that music seems to be turning good again slowly (Wolfmother, JET, Cage the Elephant, Mightychondria etc.)
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
your damn right
we complain when its too hot when its too cold when theres not enough sun when theres to sun when it doesnt snow when it does snow when it rains when we dont get enough rain
crypticslaughtr wrote:
WOOT WOOT HIT THE LIGHTS!!! I LOVE MEGADETH!!!!11111

I pay for my music
Quote by jack hate crew
your damn right
we complain when its too hot when its too cold when theres not enough sun when theres to sun when it doesnt snow when it does snow when it rains when we dont get enough rain

nope I got my shit figured out with the weather. I want it to be

Hot
No snow
Fine with rain either way (as long as there isn't a flood, because thats completely legit pissed-ness
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Like my sexuality, my ...ism changes on an hourly or so basis. At the moment things look good. I got to experience Coheed and Cambria, I have a glass of coke, the sun is rising and I have been awake for eighteen hours, counting, without seeing the lights or hearing the voices. Or holding an in depth conversation with Billy Mays. Life is awesome.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Aerokizzombie

and the only thing I'm really happy about is the fact that music seems to be turning good again slowly (Wolfmother, JET, Cage the Elephant, Mightychondria etc.)

There is better music today then any other time in history.
Quote by donender

Im an optimist-
Politicians have always been liars, if you recognize this then one can see humor when they try to seem like they care
All wars have been fought over something tangible: food, forests, farm land, mines etc., so why be alarmed?
I don't think the world is gonna end soon, nor did I think all communication and computers were gonna fail w/ the new millenium.
Beautiful day here in Texas, still got a job, Santa will be here soon, cheer up and see the roses so you can smell them.
Quote by NO11YOU

let me rephrase it.

Good music (means something, not manufactured bullshit, etc.) is coming around more to the forefront of music like it used to be.
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
Buckcherry
The Answer

Quote by NO11YOU

Wolfie disagrees.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Aerokizzombie
not to add to the pessimisty... but...

turn of a millenium really doesn't mean anything. Its still just time, with made up increments.

Who cares if the guy is black, that doesn't mean he knows what the hell he's doing (and people have started to realize this)

technology is gonna **** us over in the next 10 years or so (just a gut feeling I have, but I'm pretty sure its right.)

meh, olympics happen every 2 years, why are those special other than the world might explode because of the sun and whatever.

Yes!! Dude, marry me....
Except I think music is dying what with all the effects and everything and screamo and stuff that requires minimal or no skill...
Quote by dotheFlop
Now is the best time for music that there ever has been. We get both old music from any other time period, but also the few good bands from nowadays. Therefore, every second of every day music is advancing and music is getting better. Just cuz music may be in your opinion getting worse, you can still listen to old music if you want to, and it'll sound better, too- with new advancements in the technology of listening to music, etc. thanks to the creation of new music we can experience this.

^if that made any sense

But listening to old music on brand new HD music thingies isn't any fun!(at least not to me..) I'm getting a record player and a bunch of old records for Xmas, because that's kinda the way that music is supposed to be listened to, not through some $10000 CD player or whatever... and no im not 100 years old , im 14
Quote by hellbasser
But listening to old music on brand new HD music thingies isn't any fun!(at least not to me..) I'm getting a record player and a bunch of old records for Xmas, because that's kinda the way that music is supposed to be listened to, not through some $10000 CD player or whatever... and no im not 100 years old , im 14

Music is supposed to be heard at gigs you fool. CDs and Vinyls were only ever a means to an end.

But given that you're 14, I suppose you're allowed to be ignorant of these things.
The only thing changing with time is technology. People remain exactly the same as they always have been. Greedy, gullible, and stupid.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Well considering I'm broke, and my parents don't wanna pay for them, I can't really go to any gigs... and none of the bands i like ever come to ****ing Ohio.. except Seether. once...
i think that you're just overly pessimistic or you've been thinking about this stuff for too long.
depending on who you're living with, your whole mentality of the world changes. like, when living with my mum, i'd agree with this but when living with people my own age, you don't really think about it.
the world is pretty messed up, i guess, but it always has been and i think it can take a lot more. it survived the romans.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Aerokizzombie
It's every 4 years! Jeese, the intelligence (or lack thereof)...

For me, the best thing lately is Dream Theater! That band is amazing! "Dark Clouds & Silver Linings" is genius!
Quote by hellbasser
Well considering I'm broke, and my parents don't wanna pay for them, I can't really go to any gigs... and none of the bands i like ever come to ****ing Ohio.. except Seether. once...

Only a tiny minority of the population can tell the difference between a V0 MP3 and a 96kHz FLAC from a very expensive record player. Assuming you're getting decent speakers, you're going to need a very decent turntable to make those speakers worthwhile. A mid-range external soundcard will outperform a mid-range turntable in every metric, including price. What's more, you don't need to worry about storing media (every benefit of a record player will be reversed if you don't give proper, commercial attention to storing vinyls, etc), and your media will remain indefinitely replacable.

Remember that many more albums are available in MP3/CD than on Vinyl too. Even albums originally released on Vinyl will be harder to find than modern CD releases in 99.9% of cases.

also bear in mind that turntables will have a more expensive upkeep. I'm happy to give you a waffles invite, which'll guarantee you downloads of every band you can think of (I rarely have to stray to what.cd to find releases, and I have 400GB or so of music, mostly MP3).

Oh, and nostalgia? Please. People ride in horse-drawn carriages for the thrill of something exciting and new to them, but you wouldn't commute in one. CD and MP3 have replaced Vinyl because they are higher fidelity, cheaper to produce, and last much longer. Vinyl still exists for a number of reasons:

1) The very highest audio qualities are only achievable on analog sources - but you need a mother of a turntable and speakers to get to this level
2) DJs
3) Utterly pointless nostalgia.
Quote by Stormx
Only a tiny minority of the population can tell the difference between a V0 MP3 and a 96kHz FLAC from a very expensive record player. Assuming you're getting decent speakers, you're going to need a very decent turntable to make those speakers worthwhile. A mid-range external soundcard will outperform a mid-range turntable in every metric, including price. What's more, you don't need to worry about storing media (every benefit of a record player will be reversed if you don't give proper, commercial attention to storing vinyls, etc), and your media will remain indefinitely replacable.

Remember that many more albums are available in MP3/CD than on Vinyl too. Even albums originally released on Vinyl will be harder to find than modern CD releases in 99.9% of cases.

also bear in mind that turntables will have a more expensive upkeep. I'm happy to give you a waffles invite, which'll guarantee you downloads of every band you can think of (I rarely have to stray to what.cd to find releases, and I have 400GB or so of music, mostly MP3).

Oh, and nostalgia? Please. People ride in horse-drawn carriages for the thrill of something exciting and new to them, but you wouldn't commute in one. CD and MP3 have replaced Vinyl because they are higher fidelity, cheaper to produce, and last much longer. Vinyl still exists for a number of reasons:

1) The very highest audio qualities are only achievable on analog sources - but you need a mother of a turntable and speakers to get to this level
2) DJs

What is Waffles?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It's every 4 years! Jeese, the intelligence (or lack thereof)...

For me, the best thing lately is Dream Theater! That band is amazing! "Dark Clouds & Silver Linings" is genius!

Technically it's every 2. The winter and summer Olympics fall on different years. I assume you're just talking about summer however.
Originally Posted by bucktheduck
You think you're any better, swamping in sexual filth with fangs bared and blood red eyes? I see through the cold blood of you reptiles, none of you can do any good to a world that I need to fix.

Apparently, me.
Quote by heavyairship
i saw styx live

I agreed with this post until I read that TS wanted to know something positive about the world.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Wulphy
What is Waffles?

private music tracker. second largest afaik.
Quote by Stormx

2) DJs

Holy f..... I'll take waffles if nobody else will.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Same.

Throw me in if possible.
You think you're any better, swamping in sexual filth with fangs bared and blood red eyes? I see through the cold blood of you reptiles, none of you can do any good to a world that I need to fix.

Apparently, me.
Well, he's not going to give a hundred invites out. I'm pretty sure you can only give three or another really small amount.
Quote by Roundwounds
Well, he's not going to give a hundred invites out. I'm pretty sure you can only give three or another really small amount.

As of now there's only been 3 to ask in this thread.

Apparently, me.
Quote by Nthomp
As of now there's only been 3 to ask in this thread.

Well, fuck it we're all good then boys!