Page 1 of 8
As far as media/macroeconomics goes, yes.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Pretty sure there's been worse like oh let's say THE 1940'S.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Pretty sure there's been worse like oh let's say THE 1940'S.

I am from Germany what is this?..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
The writer of that article obviously never lived in the 10s
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Well, I've only lived in 2 decades, and I prefer the previous one, and maybe half of this one, but things just got shittier after 2005.... or maybe 2007.
As far as music goes, the 2000s is by far the worst decade. MTV no longer plays music, we went from boy bands, to c@ck rock, to wannabe gangster rap being the most popular music...a severe dumbing down of mainstream music happend this decade. Mainstream has now become a dirty word where as in the 90s 80s 70s 60s, mainstream music was the best music.
Last edited by ak10 at Dec 21, 2009,
The 1860s sucked too.

But I'm going to go with the 14XXs, depending on when the plague happened to hit your particular neck of the woods.
Meh, my life is pretty awesome.
All welcome Generation Meh!
Think of the noughties as the training wheels decade.
...In my opinion.
Bitches don't be forgetting about the prehistoric era, some pretty bad ass times back then
Quote by InvaderTSN
Not really.

Not really? What about this decade's music has been as great? In all other decades there were legends created, who is the Nirvana or Jimi Hendrix of this decade?
The 00s are a transitional period and those are always tough. The cliche's are true--things like a huge upsurge in trans-national terrorism heralded in the dangers of such a connected world that we weren't yet equipped to face. The explosion of telecommunications and new media forced cultures all over into rethinking business, art, and even human interaction.
And shifting economic forces have made everyone question the notions of developed, developing, and just how international economics work.

At the risk of being melodramatic I'll say we all just weathered the infant years of a new era. We'll either figure out new ways to deal with all of that as we go or we'll suffer and regress to the point that these new trends don't exist any more.... or we'll blow each other up.

I'm going to go with the 1340s as the worst decade though. When 30 to 60 percent of Europe's population dies, you know it's been a shitty couple of years.
Quote by ak10
Not really? What about this decade's music has been as great? In all other decades there were legends created, who is the Nirvana or Jimi Hendrix of this decade?

MILEY CYRUS.

/thread.

On a serious note, this decade fucking sucks. The fact that you can ask someone if they've logged 20+ hours on World of Warcraft and have it be a legitimate question proves it. There was no good music made.

I can remember the 1990's, and there were less Pokemon, but they were a whole lot better.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Last edited by TheLifeguard at Dec 21, 2009,
And Reality TV happend in this crap-fest of a decade. I rest my case.
in all fairness the 90s rocked so hard its not surprising the 00s seem like crap in comparison
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Whats with all these 1900s posts? I'm sure the technological advancements and quality of life had improved dramatically from say... the year 14 or so. Even with plagues and the great depression, there was still so much more to life at the time.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey
Whats with all these 1900s posts? I'm sure the technological advancements and quality of life had improved dramatically from say... the year 14 or so. Even with plagues and the great depression, there was still so much more to life at the time.

I disagree. By all accounts, the year 14 was kickass.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
This was the best decade. The internet became as common as running water and with it came an infinite source of information both good and bad.

You could read about any subject, hear any song, talk to anybody, go shopping, and watch movies all within a few clicks of a button.
Quote by ak10

I don't know what kinda crappy music you're listening to, but the music I've been listening to has been great all around.
Billy Mays and Brittany Murphy died this year, I hate this decade
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
You whiny 12 year olds need to realize that there was always a Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers. Except they used to be called Debbie Gibson, The Carpenters, and The Partridge Family.

And there is great music today, and more than ever. You would realize that if you weren't so stuck in the past from before you were even born.
I think it's been pretty good really. Hardly a bad ten years spent.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by InvaderTSN
I don't know what kinda crappy music you're listening to, but the music I've been listening to has been great all around.

+1

I'll take apart ak10's points one by one.

Mainstream music has always been "shallow" and "shitty" (as you would probably view it, I enjoy a lot of mainstream music as well as underground music). You've always had ABBA, Backstreet Boys, the Monkeys, and other sappy music that was tremendously popular but not great quality. When the years go by, these things get forgotten and only the best music survives to be listened to when the fads disappear.

So, where are the Nirvana's and Jimi Hendrix's? I have my own opinions of who those are in this decade, but just wait a couple of years and the bands of this decade will seem as distant as the classics and will be revered like them by the masses as well.

/poorly worded argument

OnEdit: What JacobTheMe said
Last edited by One on Sunday at Dec 21, 2009,
Waaaaaa! That's all I'm seeing in this thread.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Woah, woah, woah, back the fuck up. ABBA was fucking great.

Mama mia..
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by One on Sunday
+1

I'll take apart ak10's points one by one.

Mainstream music has always been "shallow" and "shitty" (as you would probably view it, I enjoy a lot of mainstream music as well as underground music). You've always had ABBA, Backstreet Boys, the Monkeys, and other sappy music that was tremendously popular but not great quality. When the years go by, these things get forgotten and only the best music survives to be listened to when the fads disappear.

So, where are the Nirvana's and Jimi Hendrix's? I have my own opinions of who those are in this decade, but just wait a couple of years and the bands of this decade will seem as distant as the classics and will be revered like them by the masses as well.

/poorly worded argument

OnEdit: What JacobTheMe said

Agreed. Dave Grohl is our generation's Billy Preston. Just having the guy take a dump in your studio assures you'll have a gold record.

Why doesn't this generation have a Hendrix? For the same reason that Vonnegut was perhaps the last great intellectual and free-thinking writer, and why Annie Leibovitz is the last world-reknown photographer. Thanks to the globalization and the internet, there's so much stuff out there that everybody can see it. Plus we can all record, photograph, and publish almost for free. That means that even though wonderful musicians, writers, and artists are out there, it's much harder for them to be noticed.