I am 13. I have been just singing along to different songs since I was about 5. Just recently I started a band, and about 6 or 7 months ago I taught myself how to play guitar. I'm thinking that maybe my technique could be off in both singing and guitar. My parents said that they would pay for lessons, but which lessons should I take?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
I would say vocal lessons. Guitar you can learn on your own as so many of the people have on this site, but teaching yourself proper vocal techniques is hard to do.
are you any good at singing?
Gear too embarrassing too talk about
take theory lessons because it can help you with both. honestly learning basic theory and having trained ears are the two most valuable assets to both singing and guitar, they are much more important than proper technique.
I know theory pretty well already. My favorite music to play is like AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, etc. And yes, I like to think that I'm okay at singing.

Edit: If not, then my band is going to need a singer and will have 3 guitarists.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Playing guitar actually made me a better singer. It gives me something to relate to pitch-wise and I learned to match it over time.

Singing isn't about being good or not, it's about enjoying it. Most of the CD's I own were released between 1987 and 1995. Trust me, singing isn't much of an issue.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Well what is it you want to do? Do you want to focus on singing or guitar? You can always learn both and be the badass guitar playing lead singer of your band...
In the Valley of Vung
I think you should take singing lessons. It's much harder to make good use of your entire vocal range than it is to make good use of the entire range of a guitar. It's also easier to replace a guitar than hasn't been taken care of than it is to replace your vocal chords if you don't take care of them. As well, singers are harder to find than guitarists, so you'll be able to find bands easier should yours break up, and that also means there will be more guitarists who can help teach you any techniques that you haven't learned. Plus it gets the chicks.
Freddie Mercury, Jim Morrison, Frank Sinatra, B.B. King and Aretha Franklin were self-taught.

Steve Vai, Joe Satch, Buckethead and all those guys received university-level education on the guitar.

That said I've noticed a huge improvement in my own singing since I started lessons this summer. But if you have a good feel for your range and all that, you'd probably be better off with the guitar lessons IMO.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Definitely singing. You don't want to sing incorrectly, you could cause damage to your vocal chords