As much as I love my Ibby Prestige, the neck has warped a bit since I brought it home over the summer. Not a MAJOR problem, but it has thrown my guitar out of tune several times. I gave up trying to keep the trem steady, and I've resorted to just blocking it. So the bridge is recessed back into the body, and it's held firmly in place, but my guitar still won't maintain standard tuning.

About a month ago, I experimented with the guitar. Having the trem blocked, I tuned the guitar to Open E (E-A-E-A-C#-E, hi-lo) to play "In My Time of Dying." Not only did the guitar do it perfectly well and sound great, the guitar has held the tuning for over a month now with no problems.

So, my question: would it be more worthwhile to take it in and have it set up, have the neck adjusted, and all that bollocks? Or should I just let a good thing be and leave it in Open E. What do you guys think?
I would take it in if I couldn't figure it out myself.....nothing worse than having a nice guitar that won't stay in tune when it should be.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
I would take it in if I couldn't figure it out myself.....nothing worse than having a nice guitar that won't stay in tune when it should be.

Well, that's the thing. I bought back when I was really into shred, but I've since comeback to bluesy rock and stuff like that. Considering it was so mono-toned, it sat around for awhile, but now that I've found a good use for it in Open E as a slide guitar, it works great. That's what is making the decision hard.
It should be able to hold both tunings reasonably well.

Didn´t you only buy it a couple months ago?
Quote by Vlasco
It should be able to hold both tunings reasonably well.

+1. it should be able to do both open E and standard equally well. i would take it in and have it set up well. wouldn't it be better to have a guitar that can play in standard AND open E great instead of a guitar that you have to leave in open E? my view on it
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
+1. it should be able to do both open E and standard equally well. i would take it in and have it set up well. wouldn't it be better to have a guitar that can play in standard AND open E great instead of a guitar that you have to leave in open E? my view on it

It has a floating trem...I may have forgotten to mention that.

And yeah, I bought it back in May, but I always thought the action on trem-equipped guitars was higher anyway. I didn't realize until a few months ago that the neck was warped. When I pull the bridge back and block it though, there's no problem.
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Dec 21, 2009,