which one would you choose between the marshall avt50 or peavey valveking 112??
consider i play blues, rock, metal, hard rock, anything that is good rock and roll; versatility in other words.
mycurrent gear is jackson dk2 with duncan designed, boss me-70 and a marshall mg15dfx.
obviously i need a new amp, i dont play in a band but im shurely going to.
note: my sound for shredding is a very defined one, like evh's, but in my own way. i play iron maiden, metallica, acdc, etc. blues, hendrix.
i know the peavey is good for metal but dont know about blues or cleans
good cleans please!!
personally i'd pick the valveking. that doesn't mean you would, of course, and you should try both to see which works better for you, but i know i would. i had an avt100 that i hated, whereas the valveking, while hardly earth-shatteringly amazing, is at least decent, and pretty versatile.

i've heard al98748568603895whatever say that the 50 sounds better than the 100 (which i had), and he normally knows his stuff, but i'm almost certain i've tried a 50, and i didn't think it sounded much better than my 100 did.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tube powered is the way to go, solid state marshalls tend to suck, if you don't need 50watts you could look at the blackstar ht-5
I would try to steer you away from the VK. I really don't like mine. If you feel like swapping tubes and getting new speakers and more importantly at first, an EQ pedal, it can be usable. I would say the cleans/blues on it are BETTER than the metal. The VK gain is muddy and sort of fizzy. I've been tweaking that thing for 2 years.

A lot of people recommend them never having owned one. I, having owned one, don't recommend it unless you're willing to do the work to make it a better amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Dec 21, 2009,
Budget? The perfect amp for your needs might be the Hiwatt HG50 combo which, at around £650 is cheap for the brand but way more than a Valveking. The tip I will give you is that, for gigging those styles, have plenty of headroom. That will allow you clean cleans rather than pushing a smaller amp towards its limits.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x