It seems everyone at Jemsite apart from me hate the Edge Zero trem. what are your views on it? One person said it didnt please them in the department of looks thats just crazy. If it stays in tune and has atleast some flutter it should be a decent trem, right?

Heres a picture of my Edge Zero equipped guitar

ibanez have so many trems that some peeps get confuddled...imo i like it but think the edge pro is better in a side by side comparisson
It doesn't really have anything to do with the bridge itself. People hate things that are new, its been proven by history, and this is just another example. I personally don't do the floating trem. thing anymore, but regardless have the adjustment tool mount to the bridge is genius. I mean how many times has it taken an hour to find the right allen wrench to change strings with a Floyd Rose and then only realize that the intonation is bad once the strings are done stretching and you have to find another sized wrench. When I tried an Edge Zero I thought it was a pretty BAMF bridge and it held tune perfectly, but that was a new one so I don't know about their long term reliability.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
The guys at Jemsite are arrogant twats they said when i asked them that UG Is a shitty meme forum and they dont know what there talkin about.
They were probably talking about the pit.

In which case they were correct
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
like you i use jemsite and UG aswell as many others, as said stay out of the pit and it`s a good forum........vai.com is a very meme forum........
I understand why people don't like it. I personally think it's the best bridge ever. It feels like a fixed bridge, it's low profile, and it stays in tune forever. It won't go out of tune because the bridge is locked into one position. There's no worble or detuning with bends. It has better sustain than floating trems. It's very easy to adjust and tune. They fixed all the problems associated with double-locking floating trems.
^Problem is it's not a phenomenal bridge construction-wise. Can't trust something made in China for construction quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
assembled in china.......made by gotoh

Not even made by Gotoh. Its all Chinese.
^and I just plain don't trust Chinese FR's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^Problem is it's not a phenomenal bridge construction-wise. Can't trust something made in China for construction quality.

I haven't heard one person who had a problem with the bridge. Made in China means nothing. It's a bridge. A bridge is only as good as the design and materials. Just because it's made in China doesn't mean they used cheap materials or skimped out on the design of it to ease manufacturing. They're not trying to make 1,000,000 Edge Zeros a day. There aren't nearly enough Edge Zeros equipped guitars to warrant that efficiency. They probably did it because it's easier to make all their bridges in one location. Keep in mind that Ibanez makes more bridges than any other company. Another thing to think about is that Ibanez is really good in China. Just look at the Chinese Customs. The fretwork is between Prestige and J. Custom yet they're cheaper than Prestiges. Where it's made means nothing. China isn't less skilled than any other country in the world. Yes, you can make a bunch of cheap stuff in China because the labor is cheap. Usually, you would see a bunch of workers working on maximum product output in those cases. But on the other hand, you could make some high quality stuff in China and sell it for cheaper because the labor was cheaper. If they don't make as many products, the workers spend more time on each individual item which can and usually results in higher quality products. Chinese products are only bad when the company's business plan is to provide a lot of cheap products, which isn't in Ibanez's best interest.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by Satch-Vai-Slash
The guys at Jemsite are arrogant twats they said when i asked them that UG Is a shitty meme forum and they dont know what there talkin about.

They are right. This place sucks.

However, they're probably just as bad. It's all just a huge shit sandwich.
I do think it looks daft. The Edge Pro looked like all the other good Edges from years gone past and thus didn't spoil the look of an RG. The Edge Zero makes a new 1570 look like an '89 Civic with big stupid wheels.

I'm also not fond of the fact that it's not made by Gotoh. If it works, it works, but knowing it was made by a reputable company would give you some extra peace-of-mind.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by JELIFISH19
I haven't heard one person who had a problem with the bridge. Made in China means nothing. It's a bridge. A bridge is only as good as the design and materials. Just because it's made in China doesn't mean they used cheap materials or skimped out on the design of it to ease manufacturing. They're not trying to make 1,000,000 Edge Zeros a day. There aren't nearly enough Edge Zeros equipped guitars to warrant that efficiency. They probably did it because it's easier to make all their bridges in one location. Keep in mind that Ibanez makes more bridges than any other company. Another thing to think about is that Ibanez is really good in China. Just look at the Chinese Customs. The fretwork is between Prestige and J. Custom yet they're cheaper than Prestiges.

Wait wait wait, Ibanez has a Chinese custom factory? Are you completely sure of that?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Wait wait wait, Ibanez has a Chinese custom factory? Are you completely sure of that?
They don't.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
They don't.

oho. He's wrong.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened

They make Chinese Custom Artcores. Amazing guitars.

I don't think they make solid body Chinese Customs though.
Quote by Tedward
They make Chinese Custom Artcores. Amazing guitars.

I don't think they make solid body Chinese Customs though.

ARX500, but I think it's only available in America
I stand corrected.
Quote by Marty Friedman
There whatever, I just like FRs more. When I push down it, it feels just good lol
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Pac_man0123
I'm pretty sure the ZP I is the Chinese bridge. The Edge Zero and ZPII are used on their Prestige guitars and aren't made in China.

Straight from Rich's site;
Like the ZR the EZ is Chinese made so it doesn't have the refined surface finishing of a Gotoh made trem

Its pretty bad that Ibanez are putting them in Prestiges. They should go back to the Original Edge like they have in JEM's and JS's.
Quote by littlephil
Straight from Rich's site;

Its pretty bad that Ibanez are putting them in Prestiges. They should go back to the Original Edge like they have in JEM's and JS's.

Yeah, seriously. There's a perfectly made FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, seriously. There's a perfectly made FR.

If I had money I'd get a new JS1200 with an Edge when they come out.