I'm planning on getting a new amp at some point. Here is what I am looking for:

1. Nice cleans, not too bright, not too dark, a little sparkly and nice and clear. I'm not too picky, but I want nice cleans.

2. Good crunch for everything from blues to hard rock. Gotta do decent vintage tones on the neck pickup and harder modern stuff on the bridge.

3. Harmonically rich, vocal, high gain lead tones. I don't need any metal tones or really high gain rhythm sounds, just that really sweet singing distortion sorta like Joe Satriani has.

4. Usable for both home practice and some small-medium gigs. Preferably 15-30 watts. No specific price range as I'm just considering the options. Reccomend anything under $2000.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Peavey JSX combo? It's a little bit more wattage than you're looking for, but if you're looking for a Satch-like tone, where else to look than his signature amp? Or if you want a head, maybe the JSX 50 when it comes out.
are you in the us? i was thinking a used hiwatt of some sort... or maybe a reeves.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
For the classic rock/blues tone I would recommend an 18w style amp, with a boost for higher gain lead playing. I don't know many American amp manufacturers, so I'll tell you the ones I know, You have Gabriel amps - http://www.gabtone.com/prices.htm
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Hiwatt DR504 (the 50 watt version) - it has pretty warm and nice cleans, some good overdrive/crunch but will lack higher gain needed for hard rock... doesn't mean you can't use a pedal
Marshall JTM45 - 35 watts, cleans are almost identical to Fender Bassman cleans but will lack hard rock gain
Marshall Plexi 50 - modded this thing can do EVH, but you will need an attenuator because it will overdrive very loudly
Quote by Supersonic64
are you in the us?

Canada actually incase anybody is wondering. I'd like to be able to try out the amp first if possible, but reccomend it anyways if it's not.

EDIT: By the way, the tone that's by far the most important to me is the vocal sounding Satriani lead. That is what I want the most out of this amp.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Last edited by Robino_Ibanez at Dec 21, 2009,
Hiwatt HG50 combo, HG stands for HiGain so should be perfect.
Hayden MoFo 30w head and a cab. This switches to 5w for home use so is very versatile. May have to order from UK.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Marshall JCM 800 or 900 with an avatar or vader cab
Randall RM 50 with your choice of models
Cieratone Clones
Peavey JSX
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Last edited by Major Sparky at Dec 21, 2009,
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm wondering if there are any amps that suit my needs with lower wattages? While I may be doing some gigging, it's mostly for great tone in the bedroom (although I can crank up my current tube 15watter up quite a bit)