OK so back in November I checked out dan Auerbach's solo tour that came through nashville. To say the least he played an amazing show and jessica lea mayfeild and justin townes earle in no way dissappointed. BUT i knew dan had been using fender bassmans on this tour...or so i thought!!! I was right up front and it didnt occur to me until after i left I should have taken pictures of his gear (although it was the same he has used all tour) but I did notice either his bassmans werent fenders or had been modded. Now i know I should have taken pics but for some reason my camera was filled with more pictures of the bands rather than the equipment
Anyway I manage to find two pics on the ole google image search that may prove useful.

i posted pics down the page now

There is no fender name plate on the tops of the amps and they have a strange seal in the bottom left corner. it kinda resembles schematics.
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Last edited by The3rdMugician at Dec 21, 2009,
could be i suppose. but he is using a reverb pedal on his board and idk why he would use it if his amps have reverb. i mean some people still do but idt that dan is an excessive reverb user

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
It does Look like a fender tweed amp, without a logo. It could be a custom built amp
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
no more links

i just noticed on the first pics that some of the chickenhead knobs r a light neon blue color

Quote by ze monsta
It's a bassman clone, no doubt. Although no idea who its made by. Good luck finding out.

Also: Dan Auerbach rules

Thank you =)

I agree they are bassman clones for sure, i just wish I could figure out who does them, I think that seal in the corner is some sort of seal for the maker whether its just a person or a company

on multiple sites it says Dan plays a 59 reissue which leads me to believe these may just be modded

yea they are. i did the same thing ze and found no results as well. well thanks for trying man

Looks like a 59RI to me
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
yea im wonderin if they r clones of the RI or are modded RI but ze made a point about the screws although they could just be larger washers. Hell Idk

I know this thread is a couple months old but i just found out the info that we were all lookin for guys. http://www.madamps.com/ the site isnt up yet but he is an ohio based builder who has done stuff for dan before. apprently he made them. the symbol is the same as his company symbol MAD AMPS. So apprently there we go