Is it possible?
Because I played an Ibanez RG350MDX today and LOVED it, but I've heard so much bad stuff about the Edge III and I don't even like trems, but I loved the guitar.

So, is there anyway to replace the trem, or turn it into a fixed-style bridge?

Thanks guys.
Slappa tha bass
Quote by MetalGuitarest
i think you might be able to make it a fixed edge bridge... but if not just put a tremol-no in where the springs are

1.) What is a fixed Edge? I've never heard of such.
2.) What's a tremol-no?
Slappa tha bass
a fixed edge looks like a edge 3 but is in fact a fixed bridge....look at the MTM1

a tremel-no allows you to set the trem to fully floating, dive only or completley 'blocked'
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
a fixed edge looks like a edge 3 but is in fact a fixed bridge....look at the MTM1

(Invalid img)

Could you turn an Edge III into a fixed Edge?
Slappa tha bass
Last edited by hootie37 at Dec 21, 2009,
you would need to buy the bridge on it`s own, or use the tremel-no, re-read the post i madev earlier for a brief description of the tremel-no
Quote by ibanezgod1973
you would need to buy the bridge on it`s own, or use the tremel-no, re-read the post i madev earlier for a brief description of the tremel-no

Where could you get the tremel-no?
And where would you put it/them?
Sorry, I'm extremely new to floating trems
Slappa tha bass
you could just block the trem instead of buying a tremel-no for $70.

all it takes is a piece of wood or 2 and a screwdriver.

EDIT:video guide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj8p4Z3Rjg
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
i blocked my edge II pro i think it was? today, it was a bit of a pain in the arse as the shape of it is a little awkward, but it worked, just about, i just need an extra spring in there. Just used two part epoxy to glue a couple of pennies and washers onto it, due to the fact that it's got a sort of bevel on it, i had to use the washers to wedge the pennies so that they were flat to the wood, it worked fairly well, as i say, i just need an extra spring
Last edited by budget bassist at Dec 21, 2009,
lol, put a piece of wood behind it. It's not hard at all. Cut a wood pretty close to size and if it is too small, wrap it in tape until it is big enough to block it. I did it to my Ibanez RG350DX until I decided I would figure out how to work the damn tremolo lol. Piece of cake.