Alright, so I'm looking at getting a new acoustic-electric after Christmas. So far the budget's looking to be around $200 but I'll probably have more after Christmas is all said and done. Any suggestions? I'm not worried about brand names as long as its a decent enough guitar.

Also, the acoustic I do have, I'm looking to use it for dropped tunings. It's been done before so I don't think it's that crazy an idea. But advice on how to do that without destroying the neck and all that would be cool. How to get it adjusted and what kinda strings would be good for mostly hanging around in drop C# and even the occasional Ab.
Keep your current guitar. An acoustic-electric in your price range will be crap. If you feel the need to have electronics, just get something like a K&K Pure Mini installed in your guitar.

You don't need a separate guitar for dropped tunings. There are many artists who constantly change tunings for every song they play, and their guitars last just as long as any other. As for strings, it depends on the scale length of the guitar. Usually, a standard "light gauge" 12-54 (that second number will vary from brand to brand) set will do. If the guitar has a very short scale length, you could probably experiment with medium gauge strings to prevent buzzing.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Well, I've already got mediums on this one. Part of the reason I've been wanting a new one is just convenience from changing tunings all the time. But if the constant back and forth, or even leaving it low for a while won't hurt it I won't worry too much about it.
I'd say don't worry about it. If the guitar gets destroyed from changing tunings, it was bound to fail in the first place. Save up more for a decent guitar while you enjoy what you already have.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.