I'm in the mood to do something very melodic, maybe involving some tapping. I'm only on a four string, though.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Desert of Song - Between the Buried and Me (bass doesn't come in for at least a minute and half, but it's very nice basswork.)

Heart of the Sunrise - Yes
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
The part just before and during the big epic "No One Is Going To Take Me Alive..." in Knights Of Cydonia by Muse has a synth tapping part. Tis wicked.

But then again, a lot of Muse has awesome melodic bass lines.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Summer Skin - Death Cab For Cutie

Very easy, but nice & gentle, fun to play.
If you can find some decent tabs, Victor Wooten beasts all over the place, look through some of his solo stuff and you'll be pleased. =) Jaco Pastorius does some great stuff, too.
The interlude part of Orion by Metallica will get a lot of recommendations. Seemann by Rammstein also is quite pretty, and perhaps Elvis Costello's I Don't Wanna Go to Chelsea.
I like the double bass lines snf solos in Herbie Mann's version of Comin' Home Baby.
Quote by All At Once
If you can find some decent tabs, Victor Wooten beasts all over the place, look through some of his solo stuff and you'll be pleased. =) Jaco Pastorius does some great stuff, too.

+10
Try playing Amazing grace by victor wooten. There is a couple different versions he plays of it though i believe. And proly my favorite by him Norwegian wood. That song is pretty technical though.

Also portraite of tracy by Jaco.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Seeman by Rammstein. Amazing bassline, not the sorta thing you'd expect from a band like Rammstein.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
endless rain - x japan
truly amazing. and i'll go with seeman as well.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Moonlight sonata is very melodic.
Also the bass solo in Orion by metallica is very nice on the ol' ears.
Also im a huge fan of hall of the mountain king, do something with that and it will be great.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Paul McCartney has the most amazing and melodic bass lines you'll ever hear in pop music.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
I can't agree that Paul McCartney is amazing, especially compared to players that have come forward since - but he has his spot in history I suppose. Come Together is an exception to my general lackluster outlook on the Beatles.

Hard recommending a good song - there are so many, and some people have different outlooks on "melodic." I mean, I'd tell you to learn Obscura's Anticosmic Overload, and have some Stu Hamm worshipper tell me I'd ridiculous. Is there a particular genre you prefer?
...actually, I'm a drinker with a writing problem.