Hey, I might get myself a Vox VT30 for myself. I need a bit of help. I've been playing the guitar for about...a year on February 2nd. I'm 14 years old and I consider myself pretty damn good for not even a year of playing considering I could be much worse. I practice about 3 hours a day or more and love it. I play mostly metal, virtuoso, and deathcore tone.

Questions about the VT30:

Is it worth the money?

How much distortion does it have?

Would you recommend it?

Is it better than a Line 6 15 watt?

Anything else you would like to add, please feel free. I need all the info i can get about this amp.

P.S. I have a Line 6 15 watt and I usually play with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard or my Ibanez RG350DX.
Last edited by Lando514 at Dec 21, 2009,
Vox VTs are my favorite modeling amps. They are well worth the money if you need some versatility. If you take the XL model(wich might be good for you since you seem to play mostly metal) it was some extra high gain model amps on it.

Id surely recommend it and GOD YES it is better than a line 6 spider amp.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Dec 21, 2009,
Thanks. i needed to know that since I'm really looking into it. but yeah i know that the line 6 is one of the..ehh...worst i guess? modelling amps. they are good but i always get that annoying feedback from it.
They're not good dude, they are waaay too digital.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
They're not good dude, they are waaay too digital.

ok it is established that you have never played one and have no ear for tone what so ever.

They are brilliant modeling amps.

I have the Da50Vt and its amazing for its price.(i got it used for less than half brand new)

It does metalcore very well if you mess with the eg for a bit.

If you downtune it can sound prett well.

I love mine

the cleans are stellar and the distortion is very nice.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Umm i've played a vox and i think its pretty good but i only played it for like 5 mins. but my budget is below $300. but i have the money for it. i'm just wondering if its worth it.
williamdllr: Idk if i can afford a 50 watt. but thanks for the recommendation. i like the fact that you and the first person to reply actually have one and play it. thanks.
I would also try the peavey vypers.

they are definately aimed towards metal.

But I prefer the Vox because my style is a bit weird.

edit:you dont need the 50 watt.

they will sound the same but mine is louder thats all
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

I owned one for a while and it does sound too digital when you want to play anything high gain. Clean is fine, but when you want to play heavy rock or metal it is lacking. I sold it in the end. For the same money I'd get a cheap tube amp and a overdrive or distortion pedal
He could get a decent tube amp ifhe goes used.

such as the blackstar HT-5
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

oh yeah im getting a floorPOD plus. it seems to be a pretty good distortion pedal so yeah.