I have been wanting one of these for a while. Can anybody tell me if it is worth the money??? What are some ups and downs of this guitar?
I have its sister guitar, the RG350EX. The only difference between the two is the color. Overall, great sounding axe for metal/rock. Cleans aren't as clean as I'd like but that might be my fault for driving my amp's clean at a high volume
I had a rg370dx which is pretty much the same thing and I didn't like it too much, the floating bridge is a bitch to restring and the pickups didnt sound amazing imo, its locked though so it stayed in tune forever and the neck was slender and easy to manuever
not much else I can say, I wound up selling it for my hardtail ibby with nicer pickups
my old lead guitar player had one... its decent for heavier stuff, but for the lighter covers we did it wasnt very good, but that might of been amp settings.
playability wise I didnt like it, way to thin, but thats good for shredding or whatever
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by britishsligean
the edge III has been known to be annoying, and break pretty easily

mines not broken yet and ive had mine for 2 and half years, though i did block mine off after bout a year cos detuning and resetting the bridge is a biatch.

theyre a pretty safe guitar overall, pickups are a bit sterile, tho unless your using a tube amp you wont notice it much - cleans are slightly distorted and high gain is alright. build quailty wise its a solid guitar & the neck is really good for the price range
if you blocked it a year after getting it is it really getting much abuse?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an rg370dx (same thing, but with out the pickguard) and I love it. Im actually thinking of getting a 350dx for modding and fooling around soon.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I have an older RG350DX made in Korea. I've found that the guitar has overall a good playablilty. The stock pickups aren't too amazing and the bridge is TERRIBLE. I would recommend to stay away from tremelo guitars from Ibanez at that price range because of the edge III bridge... it is bad quality and will cause you many problems eventually.
If you do buy one, replace the pu's and bridge like I did to mine.

Overall, nice guitar with upgrades. Without upgrades you could get better for the money.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by Leeav

Overall, nice guitar with upgrades. Without upgrades you could get better for the money.

pretty much. and if you know from the start that it needs the upgrades, the rg1570 is generally better value as it already has the better trem, comes with a case, and is a better guitar into the bargain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well since everyones spoken about the hardware and stuff, ill talk aesthetics

its one of the few white guitars that are relatively cheap.
Umm..
Do you REALLY want a floyd rose.. they suck so much ass to set up and tune!
I'd recommend a Jackson.
In AUS, the rg350dx is just cheaper than the jackson dk2m, which is what i went for :-),and don't regret it one bit
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
My RG350DX has no issues.
While I do admit that I prefer the older Edge Trems; The Edge III tremolo functions perfectly for me and I've never had any issues with it whatsoever. It stays in tune, has a nice sweep range and is quite comfortable.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
I've tried a few out they're pretty cool, and i'm definately not biased as I have a fender an epiphone and another les paul copy, whether they're durable or not is what I wouldn't know, but Harmony central reviews are usually pretty helpful..

HELLO!

I'd stay away from it.

I have it, the Edge III really is as bad as everyone says. It's well worth spending a bit extra money and getting an S470 (if you like it that is).
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i agree. While more expensive, the S series guitars have better trems and pickups. IMO they are great value, I just don't personally like the body.

I have seen some used Ibanez Rg's on Ebay with replaced pickups and Original Floyd Rose bridges for great prices.

If you want a no hassle guitar, choose one without a floyd rose because they are difficult to tune and set up, but they stay in tune for a long time and they are friggin cool!

I LOVE MY RG350DX
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay