Did a search and didn't see anything about this. If it missed it let me know and I'll take it down.

Coheed and Cambria has their first album up for 'name your own price' download for today only! Imo its not as good as some of their other ones, but its not bad. Check it out:

http://equalvision.bandcamp.com/album/the-second-stage-turbine-blade
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
ya ok

*clicks*

no

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speedy1330
ya ok

*clicks*

no

Not a fan of high pitched singers?
Quote by ReaperWaits
Thanks for the link TS
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I saw this earlier and thought it was pretty awesome. I downloaded it because it was higher quality than the version I had on my computer
damn it was good til the vocals came in...
Quote by SmoothTrooper
i wake up every morning with a stiffy that could dent an Oldsmobile...and i know that everything is a-ok.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Maybe we should have some kind of naked UG get together...

Imagine how horrifying that would be
That's one of my favorite albums of the past decade.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
I find this album better than In Keeping Secrets. And I can see how people dont like it, but I love Claudio's voice, especially the very first line of vocals, they sound so young and clear. So good.

DEBAATE TO UNDERSTAND...THAT WE ALLLLLLLLLL HAVE A FLAAAW
Only an 1 hour left Torrents are faster then this.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Meurglys3

What the hell, I want to pay negative $20 dammit.

Aren't you clever...
Pretty cool. I dont think anyone has heard of Lennon Murphy but you can download all of her stuff for free (from her website or myspace) Amazing girl.
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
I find this album better than In Keeping Secrets. And I can see how people dont like it, but I love Claudio's voice, especially the very first line of vocals, they sound so young and clear. So good.

DEBAATE TO UNDERSTAND...THAT WE ALLLLLLLLLL HAVE A FLAAAW

Yeah, personally I like IKS better. I think its just the tone of the guitars, and the overall feel of the songs... they feel more epic. It also has a better mix, whereas this just sounds like kinda the same through the most of the album.

I kinda wish that this download was the released one with Elf Tower New Mexico, IRO-Bot, etc... But oh well, the quality was better then what I had before.
Quote by ReaperWaits
Quote by Bucket-Of-Win
Yeah, personally I like IKS better. I think its just the tone of the guitars, and the overall feel of the songs... they feel more epic. It also has a better mix, whereas this just sounds like kinda the same through the most of the album.

I agree with the epicness, this album had no The Light and The Glass, but it has some amazing parts. I also agree with the guitar tone, but I love the sound of the vocals on this album more than any other Coheed album. So that puts it ahead of IKS, but not ahead of GA 1 and 2 just because of the pure epicness of the music on those albums.
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
I agree with the epicness, this album had no The Light and The Glass, but it has some amazing parts. I also agree with the guitar tone, but I love the sound of the vocals on this album more than any other Coheed album. So that puts it ahead of IKS, but not ahead of GA 1 and 2 just because of the pure epicness of the music on those albums.

Really? Most people wouldn't put either of the GAs above the first two... Although don't really get why, both of those had some really awesome songs (well, the first one more the the 2nd, but G&G makes up for it for the most part)
Quote by ReaperWaits
Quote by Bucket-Of-Win
Really? Most people wouldn't put either of the GAs above the first two... Although don't really get why, both of those had some really awesome songs (well, the first one more the the 2nd, but G&G makes up for it for the most part)

And the second one had all of the The Ends on it, which are just amazing. I dont know though, I guess I like the more proggy side of Coheed better, and I definitely like the more metal side of Coheed, which is more apparent on those two albums.
Wow, he sounds really girly on the Devil in Jersey City. Just no. They would sound better if they had a different singer.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Minkaro
www.subjectruin.net

JT Bruce. Instrumental progressive metal that is awesome.

Listening to the 2nd album now, pretty good stuff for being self produced and free
Quote by ReaperWaits
i wonder if this is what Angels and Airwaves is gonna do with their new album they say is going to be free
Quote by Bucket-Of-Win
Did a search and didn't see anything about this. If it missed it let me know and I'll take it down.

Coheed and Cambria has their first album up for 'name your own price' download for today only! Imo its not as good as some of their other ones, but its not bad. Check it out:

http://equalvision.bandcamp.com/album/the-second-stage-turbine-blade

And i believe that radiohead did the same thing for in rainbows
Quote by Amy_Lee

That made me laugh and then choke on my own phlegm.

Check my shit out
Been meaning to give Coheed a listen.

This is cole-slawesome.

Voodoo Economics also does this, with all of their albums.

They're sort of like, dark industrial kind of music, but, a bit more experimental.

It's pretty good, but it get's a little pretentious sometimes, even for me.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 21, 2009,