I saw the below cab at guitar center:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MC212/

and was wondering if it was any good. It does say "pairs with MG100HDFX" so that kinda turned me off.

If anyone has anything to add about the "custom voiced celestions" that it has I would appreciate it, I am assuming they are cheap, but im not sure. Assuming they are cheap, could I just put some V30s or G12-T75s and turn this into a good cab?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
the mc range is supposed to be good, they are not in any way or for to the mg, all they're saying is that the resistance of the speakers means that they are compatible with the mg
I haven't heard much about it, but just putting better speakers into a cab doesn't make it good.

Whats your budget for a cab?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by britishsligean
the mc range is supposed to be good, they are not in any way or for to the mg
same construction and material as the MG cab (MDF) with the same shitty speakers as the MG cab. Just full sized as opposed to the smaller dimensions of the MG cab.
all they're saying is that the resistance of the speakers means that they are compatible with the mg
That applies to ALL Marshall cabs.

The MCs are basically Marshall's budget full sized cabs. I would rather not spend the money on a shitty enclosure only to put new speakers in it. You can do the same with a cab that doesn't suck for the same price and end up with a better product.

Marshall cabs can be found for good prices used.
I dont have a definite budget but I was hoping under $300.'

I was also looking on ebay at this empty cab then loding it with something:
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-2X12-CABINET-CHECKERBOARD-EMPTY-212-TONE_W0QQitemZ130351623749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e598fee45

edit:
I cant find cabs anywhere, I called all around Houston, looked on cragis list and ebay. 2x12s are not that easy to come by but im still looking.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Dec 21, 2009,
It's all MDF. No solid wood construction. Only the baffle is wood.

Move on and look for something else.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
It's all MDF. No solid wood construction. Only the baffle is wood.

Move on and look for something else.

K.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Avatar 2x12 seems like your best bet, also Jet city is supposed to be releasing a 2x12 soon, but i don't know how good it will be.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401