You're really off-beat at some points...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
get your self some programmes....GP5 for your midi work on drums and bass or what ever esle you can vsts for. second get DFH or any other top drum prog. get a usb plug in for you guitar , maybe a line6 toneport which will sort out your tone. i'm gonna blame poor mic set up for your tone.....i hope thats all it is. timing....i ain't great but you need to really work on this. download reaper to record your songs it has a click track option.....use it. i have a spider 75watt head so i know you can get a decent tone. format....think of how your track is going to flow.....don't make some random length track and throw any old riffs in there cause 9 out of ten time it ain't gonna stick. and i know this because you ask........cause i've made every mistale there is i'm sure so i'm passing my advice to you so you don't have to fall into the same traps as i did when i was starting my own tracks.
oh yeah tuning as well. it is very important.
sorry if i sound like i'm ranting but you wanted advice and by god i bloody gave it you.
peace!!!!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/music/albums/757303 C4C? hahahaha
Quote by metal105
get your self some programmes....GP5 for your midi work on drums and bass or what ever esle you can vsts for. second get DFH or any other top drum prog. get a usb plug in for you guitar , maybe a line6 toneport which will sort out your tone. i'm gonna blame poor mic set up for your tone.....i hope thats all it is. timing....i ain't great but you need to really work on this. download reaper to record your songs it has a click track option.....use it. i have a spider 75watt head so i know you can get a decent tone. format....think of how your track is going to flow.....don't make some random length track and throw any old riffs in there cause 9 out of ten time it ain't gonna stick. and i know this because you ask........cause i've made every mistale there is i'm sure so i'm passing my advice to you so you don't have to fall into the same traps as i did when i was starting my own tracks.
oh yeah tuning as well. it is very important.
sorry if i sound like i'm ranting but you wanted advice and by god i bloody gave it you.
peace!!!!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/music/albums/757303 C4C? hahahaha

Thanks for the advice! Also, my guitar was tuned to drop c, but it was in tune.