So, I just pulled my new VT50 out of the box -- I think it's screwed, but I wanted to run my troubleshooting by you guys so you can give me your opinions.

1st thing I noticed: no sound from headphones even when amp was outputting sound previously- swapped out headphones, increased all volume controls - sound now randomly cuts in and out and is still amazingly quiet even with master volume turned to max.

2nd wrong thing I noticed: sound from the amp (not headphone output) is also wonky - volume knobs do not "smoothly" increase volume, gain, etc., if that makes sense....

I've swapped out cables, made sure all the Gain, Low, Mid, and High controls are not zeroed, and reset the amp to factory default settings "just in case". Guitar seems fine and plays well through my effects pedal.

Am I doing something wrong or is this thing screwed?
I own the same model, and I'm pretty sure that the second problem can be remedied by playing with the noise gate, read it in the manual. It diminishes certain things, you just have to reduce it.
Quote by CobainBohnam
I own the same model, and I'm pretty sure that the second problem can be remedied by playing with the noise gate, read it in the manual. It diminishes certain things, you just have to reduce it.

Changing the noise gate does affect the problem, you're right (and I hadn't tried that yet, actually. So thank you for the suggestion!) -- unfortunately it doesn't solve it. I also checked to see if altering the noise gate level would affect the headphones output. It doesn't. /cry