My Jackson wrmg with active pickups has almost no amp buzzing when played through my Marshall 30DFX. My Telecaster however, with single pickups causes unbearable buzzing through the amp, it's ridiculous. I played this telecaster in the store and there was no buzzing at all on the amps in there. It's probably the amp, but why doesn't my Jackson buzz while playing through it? What's the incompatability issue with my Tele and the Marshall?
Im guessing your tele has single coils and the jackson has humbuckers. single coils dont cancel noise like humbuckers do so you will hear that
Single coils can hum like crazy when played through a high-gain setting, they're not typically built for that kind of stuff, which is one of the reasons humbuckers were invented. They buck the hum! *rimshot* Get it? *crowd boos*
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Maybe because single coils are famous for that...

Single Coils + High Gain = Hum beyond your worst nightmares.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

There's a lot of buzz even when playing clean. A LOT more than there should be. What's with the amp taht's causing it? The amp in the store wasn't buzzing.
Kinda sounds like you guys didn't read what he wrote, although your imput is good..
If he likes high gain sound, he obviously would have played that in the store, and yet there was no hum, but at home there is. His question "why? why does it hum on my amp?". Then he gives more info, saying that his jackson with emgs doesn't hum on the same amp, kinda making you think that the amp isn't that bad...
Its probably your amp then, assuming you're using the same cable for both guitars. Your amp is probably better suited to the high gain stuff... You just said Marshall 30DFX, If my hunch is correct its a Marshall MG30DFX, In which case, thats your problem right there.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

a few things might be different.

the cable, the guitar jack may have twisted, there might be a dimmer switch, outlet or computer in the room causing the single coils to hum.

BUT it's important to remember, some amps really exaggerate slight hums.
so the grounding issue may have been slight through one amp, but loud thru an mg.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
problem could be the coils, you should also check your cable and input!