So I was playing around with the trem bar on my little budget "Starcaster", and all of a sudden, CRACK, the bar breaks off, leaving a little piece of it inside of it. Is there any way I can get it out, or do I have to go buy a new bridge? It's pretty tightly stuck in there.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Not 100% sure of the design of your specific bridge but I was thinking,can you take the back cover off and push the piece out?Just tryin to help.
Nope, it's sealed up.

And as far as I'm concerned, it's just a normal Strat tremolo bridge design.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Bump? Anyone?

well you can try to drill a pin hole into the metal bit in there then get a thin screw or nail in the hole, try to reverse the bit out.

some guys say to use an epoxy / glue drop on the tip of the bar to fuse to the bit in ther to unscrew it.

but if you miss with the glue, it'll stay stuck.

you'll want to forget the bar in there, rather than buy a new bridge on a starter guitar.

upgrading all the hardware in it would cost more than a better model.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just getting a new bridge would really be that expensive?

Just take the bridge out and work from there on getting it out. Also, fender trems are not meant to be really used much besides a simple vibrato.
well especially in the starcaster model.

it's really not a very usable trem to start with.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011