I bought this ol' LP copy on eBay... (Sorry for the HUGE pictures, I uploaded to Photobucket!)

The brand name is "Global". Apparently these were available from the Sears catalog in the late 60s and early 70s, Of course the quality isn't that good (I'll get to that in a bit) But since I paid only $82 or so shipped who can complain, Especially since I bought it as a project guitar?

Anyway, This sounds more like a Stratocaster than a Les Paul copy mainly because the pickups are actually single coils in humbucker casing. That ain't bad, I actually kind of dig it. The finish is very thin so I'm guessing it is a Nitro finish (If so it's my first Nitro finished electric guitar ) And the neck is actually a bolt on. I don't know what the neck and fretboard are made of (The fretboard doesn't feel like it's painted but it doesn't look like rosewood either) But when I had the pickups out it looked like the body was made out of plywood. I think the top is a veneer though, It looks too good to be made of plywood. This beast is also pretty darn heavy, It isn't neck heavy but it has its place.

Anyway... I have a lot of mods to do to this guitar before it is a really good player. The tuners need to go (They're hard to turn and are open geared) And I need to straighten the neck, Seeing it's so warped in the first few frets that the truss rod won't help it. I'll probably put a neck shim in it too since it's a bolt on and I need the bridge to be very low already to get decent action. And the electronics I'm not sure of yet. They may sound like Strat pickups in a trash can but they're not too bad. I still have to measure their resistance too. (Edit: One is under 3k and the other is somewhere in the 5k range, I'm not sure if I swapped the pickups by accident or not when I had them out... I don't think I did)

But all of this text is probably making people go away so... Pictures!

The headstock seems unusually big compared to my other Gibson copy...

I'll probably be making another topic in the customizing section once I get the opportunity to mod this beast. Until then, Here's saying that plywood guitars aren't always bad.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Jan 2, 2010,
I think my uncle still has his Global LP copy, I should ask him if I could have it.

HNPGD*!

*Happy new project guitar day
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
What are those white things on the pickguard?
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by Sirwinston89
What are those white things on the pickguard?

Sugar cubes
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Hahaha, why? Oh, and Happy NGD.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

Quote by larrytheguitar
Sugar cubes

No, They're the pickup selector switches. One on/off switch per pickup.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Uhh dude I think he was joking lol.

They look like switches, and I can't see any other switches on the guitar.
Quote by Gunpowder
You almost banged her? Well you get an almost high five!

*Stops half way*
Thats pretty sweet. Sears got innovative on their selector locations.
Quote by bass-man9712

Quote by boxie

I know, I had a good laugh from it. Just sayin'. I should also add that this Global LP Copy is heavy, I'll have to weigh it.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Quote by boxie

Yeah, I got that after I saw he wasn't TS.
Quote by bass-man9712