...kind of an oxymoron don't ya think. lol

the best band that writes simple music.... go

i say The Ramones
Beatles. Period.

edit: Searchbar music.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I agree with The Beatles, but a close second would be Porcupine Tree (though not all of it is simple).
I think the beatles too. Also Brand New, although only if that is considered simple. I find their lyrics to be very complex and genius, and the music is also rather complex at times. I was just thinking compared to other bands I like, such as BTBAM, who are really not simple at all.
Quote by Zombie V.
I agree with The Beatles, but a close second would be Porcupine Tree (though not all of it is simple).

That's why I didn't say Pink Floyd...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Devin Townsend? It's not exactly "simple" as far as layers/textures, but stuff like Ki is rather minimalist in playing compared to...other stuff.
Paramore....>.>

There are loads (of which I can't think of right now...). Just cause it isn't Necrophagist doesn't make it bad (I like Necro).

PT, dunno how I forgot about them..
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Earth
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
The Beatles were fairly advanced as far as rock and roll goes during their time period.
The White Stripes

By definition actually minimalist rock is simple. None of the previously mentioned rock bands are minimalist.
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
ramones are minimalist.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by joey arce
ramones are minimalist.

Well yea but the White Stripes are two people and barely any dubbing. I'd say that's pretty simple.
Squier by Fender Telecaster SSH
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-7 Delay Pedal
DIY Distortion
Fender Frontman 65R Amp
Funk/Blues/Jazz/Rock
massive attack
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by jrpina2
The White Stripes

By definition actually minimalist rock is simple. None of the previously mentioned rock bands are minimalist.

earth is one guy on a guitar... minimalist?

granted their later stuff is four people who draw inspiration for minimalist composers like John Cage, Brian Eno, Terry Riley etc..... minimalist?
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
Burzum

/thread
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus