i have a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR on order. i got the Laguna (noted in sig) and wasn't happy. turned it in. have to wait a few weeks for the schecter to come in. anyway... the guy said the pickups didnt have a whole lot of bite
so i would replace the bridge to have some omph and replace the neck pup a bit later.

im debating between the Dimarzio Evolution and Seymour Duncan Invader. i would put a PAF Pro in the neck later.

so what do i do? i DO NOT like artist signature gear, but since other people besides Vai use the Evo, im fine with it.
Using Peavey Vypyr,
YES i will replace with ValveKing a bit later, but not right now

and would having a DiM/SD and a stock pup in the same rig sound weird?
sorry about all the questions

thanks
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Seymour Duncan
Seymour Duncan
Seymour Duncan

Such a fatter, clearer tone
Team Up
Team Up
Quote by Circambria
Seymour Duncan
Seymour Duncan
Seymour Duncan

Such a fatter, clearer tone

will it be OK with really heavy stuff? and will leads be nice and clear, but have bite and distortion?
Gear:
Alesis DM6
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Sony 5.1 system
I am also considering those but I am looking at the Dimarzio Mo Joe's also. Right now unless something changes I will be going with the Evolutions. From all the sound bites and video clips and listening to them I think the Evolutions has the tone I am looking for. I am putting them in a Warmoth Soloist with 2 humbuckers that I am building at this time.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
The evolutions sounded the best for lead playing WITH the ability to get a good tone on chords. The Mo Joe's were great for lead but were sluggish for chords. I was testing them in a tube amp (blues Junior)so I can't comment on the tone for any other amp

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
I'd go with the Evolution. Seymour Duncan's are fine, but every one I've tried has been replaced with a Dimarzio. Just like em better.
Evolutions, usd to be my main pickup when I was playing in my metal band and metalcore band, and I still used that guitar to shred at home, great tone and one of my personal favorite higher out put pick ups, and id go with the fred in the neck, its a great combo
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Why not wait till you get your guitar, then decided what about the tone your not happy with before you start dropping money?
the thing is that i need really high-output, but still clarity

by clarity i mean that i can hear the notes and make out what they are, not a bunch of noise
Gear:
Alesis DM6
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Sony 5.1 system
Although I haven't used Dimarzio, the Seymours in my Parker are absolutely delectable. I've got nothing but good things to say about them.
I prefer DiMarzio to Seymour Duncan. That being said, I've actually used pickups from both companies and made my own decision.

You'll probably wanna just get out there and try a bunch of stuff.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Lagunaguitar
the thing is that i need really high-output, but still clarity

by clarity i mean that i can hear the notes and make out what they are, not a bunch of noise

That describes the evolution perfectly. Plus the cleans are actually quite good too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Ghold125
Why not wait till you get your guitar, then decided what about the tone your not happy with before you start dropping money?

definitely this. don't be so quick to judge the pickups before you hear them and tweak your own amp. if they suck then they suck, but if they're decent there's no reason to jump on replacement pickups. i would wait until i had the guitar.

having said that, i would read as many reviews about the pickups you might be interested in as you can. to say "seymour duncan's pickups are fatter" is really general. i think you could find a dimarzio to compare pretty closely with any seymour duncan, or the other way around. i've always been a dimarzio guy. the super distortion is my favorite pickup of all time, hands down.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip