So I'm about to start helping some previous band mates engineer and record some songs, we've got a digital 24 track recorder (TASCAM 2488neo 24-Track) which will be what we use to mix everything down, but I've found that the line in on it sucks a fat one. Much of these songs is composed of stuff from Reason and Bass lines. The best solution I can think of is to get a good preamp to focus the sound a bit. Is this a sound assumtion, if so what pre-amps are good for bass under 500 clams. Also, if not what is a good solution to the problem
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
will this overdrive the bass? I'm not looking so much for overdrive as something to round out the eq.
Strat>Interstellar Overdriver>Little Big Muff>Supersonic Fuzz Gun>Crybaby Classic>Crybaby>VP Jr. (TU-2 tuner out)>Electric Mistress XO>RV-3>E-1005 w/ Footswitch>DD-6 (stereo out)>DL-4 w/ Expression Pedal>Stereo Tremolo>Headrush>Fender Deluxe 85(2x)
Then get a bass EQ. But if the line in is what's messing it up, it will still be there.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
here i'll clarify a little bit, I mixed some songs down on the 24 track previously, these songs contained guitars, vocals, electronics, drums, and bass. I got everything sound good except the bass. What I noticed about the bass is on the higher notes played (not significantly higher) in the riffs, the low end would drop out completely and the bass would be lost in the mix momentarily, was this a product of the recording sessions, or the quality of the recording device?