Reccomend me the best guitar with these features (please read all of them) :

I play mainly thrash such as Megadeth, but play other genres as well (blues, funk, etc.)

I have a Roland Cube 30x

Price Range: up to $450 (maybe $500)

1. Solid Body
2. Dual humbuckers (not a must, but preferred)
3. Basswood body (again; not a must, but preferred)
4. Fixed Bridge (must)
5. Fast neck (preference, most anything but a "thick" neck will do)
6. I want to replace the pickups with DiMarzio Evolution pickups, so try to keep the guitar $300-$400 please so I will have money to buy the pickups

Thanks in advance guys.
Slappa tha bass
Last edited by hootie37 at Dec 21, 2009,
Quote by robertito696
Genres? Amp?

crap how could I forget?

*edits OP*
Slappa tha bass
Well this was easy. Ibanez RG2EX1. I've got one and have done to it what you'd like to do (and then some). It's still my #1 guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Well this was easy. Ibanez RG2EX1. I've got one and have done to it what you'd like to do (and then some). It's still my #1 guitar.

How do the DiMarzio's sound in it?
Slappa tha bass
Quote by hootie37
How do the DiMarzio's sound in it?
Uh, awful. That's why it's my "#1 guitar."
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Uh, awful. That's why it's my "#1 guitar."

Sarcastic, aren't we?
Slappa tha bass
Basswood is the closest thing to a neutral sounding wood I know of.

It tends to let the tone of the pickups do the talking rather than colouring their tone.

That said you may find the low end lacking in fullness, I noticed this when comparing a Basswood RG with my Mahogany RG both loaded with Tonezones and Paf Pros.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
i would say.. even though it apperantly has a thicker neck but i don't see the difference.... schecter damien 6 fixed bridge... got basswood body, string through bridge, emg HZ passive pickups so you can change em out.
How would the Seymour Duncan sh-2n and sh-4 pair sound in it for a thrash sound?
Slappa tha bass
Honestly I think you should hold off on the pickups until you are accustomed to the standard pickups and where they fail to meet your requirements, too much high, not enough lows, more output etc.

Then and only then should you start shopping for new pickups.

The problem is no one here can advise you what a certain pickup will sound like in this guitar as the tone will be dependant on the whole rig working together.

You need to get the guitar you like, play it for a while to get used to the nuances then tackle the shortcomings with pickups after you know what you want to change.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso